Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bad Weather for us NY'ers

Old 10-26-2008, 05:54 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bad Weather for us NY'ers

I was up, drove to my area, but watched as the top of the trees were trying to touch the ground...

Today is a bust...heck to windy to sight in the rifles and shotgun..[:@]

ORIGINAL: PABuck_HNTR

Rob, get out and hunt you big wuss.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunted yesterday morning.Saw two deer prior to it being light enough to identify what they were,they were about 45 yards away.Got wet later in the morning.I didn't hunt the afternoon because of the heavy rains.I hunted this morning and this afternoon.This morning I saw a doe a fawn and a spike horn.This afternoon I had my nephew up in tree that I had set with two stands in it.Quite a mountain walk to get to it. We saw two deer,had a 4 pointer come about 12 yards from the tree we were in.He came in pretty fast and my nephew hadn't drawn his bow,I wasn't going to attempt to stop him with my nephew not drawn.
We had activity and time together,so that made it a good hunt
Old 10-26-2008, 07:33 PM
Typical Buck

Tried going out Saturday morning but probably should have slept in. It was warm with gusting wind, and as soon as i got up in my tree stand the rain started. Wasn't that bad at first but eventually started to pour and the wind started howling! Gusts must have been 30 mph. Didn't bother going out saturday afternoon because it was still pouring rain. Sunday the rain stopped but still pretty windy...ended up oversleeping and didn't go out though
Old 10-27-2008, 04:32 AM
Typical Buck

Wind is the enemy....Heavy Rain & wind will be the factor that keeps me from not hunting, and this weekend we had both[:@]...

A little snow in the forecast for tomorrow and Wednesday... but back in the mid 50's by Thursday, so hopefully next weekend its better.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:38 AM
Typical Buck

I hunted all day Friday and Saturday morning and did not see a tail. Friday was sunny and warm. Sat. was rainy and high winds. I gave up at noon on Saturday after being totally soaked. Even with rain gear and a tree umbrella, the rain was coming from all directions, including sideways.

Oh well...just like the Bills...maybe next week!