Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Illinois Rut

Old 10-25-2008, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default Illinois Rut

Hey, Any hunters in Illinois, around the peoria area. Or anybody that would know.

What stage of the rut are we in now. I am pretty sure that we are in Prerut. But I am not really sure because the deer are still pretty nocturnal. When does anybody think that the Illinois rut will hit?
Old 10-25-2008, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Illinois Rut

Its getting going pretty good right now...I've seen alot of bucks outhoursafter sunrise and before sunset. Alot of scrapes and rubs as well.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Things are really starting to get rolling. A lot of big ones are going to start dropping as long as this weather stays cool. Unfortunantely I'm stuck here at work today. I would love to be in a tree right now!
Old 10-25-2008, 04:59 PM

In MO today I saw two bucks chasing does, one nice 120+ 8 pt and a smaller buck that I shot. The one I shot came in on a string to some grunts and the larger deer snort wheezed up in the field. I'd say get out there as much as possible as it starts to ramp up.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

ya I've been seeing bucks and seen them chasing does now.. Fresh scrapes and rubs.. No more bachleor groubs..

As far as the phase, I'd call it pre rut and the next several weeks will be the best hunting of the year.. So get yer butt to the woods..
Old 10-27-2008, 11:37 PM
Fork Horn

So any new sign of rut In Illinois? and when do u think its going to hit full on.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think we are just in the early stages of the pre-rut right now...The bucks are begining to get frisky; however, the majority of the does just are not responsive....of all of the active scrapes I have come across, there have only been a few with doe poop in them....I think IMHO the full rut would kick up in around the first - second week in November. That is if the weather continues to cooperate. They are calling for it to warm back up to the fifties by the end of the week.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Still early for the rut to be in...I'm thinking that with moon phases and what not it will be hitting somewhere around the 13th of Nov.

I have seen some small bucks out cruising and responding to calls but no sign of any big boys during daylight hours.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:42 PM
Typical Buck

last sunday was a great day. in the moring i saw 5 1.5yr old bucks out roaming. in the afternoon i grunted in a 3.5yr old 9pt about 140's that i should have shot. this weekend, nothing. but last weekend was full moon, this weekend was dark moon.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:58 PM
Typical Buck

if you have to pick one day to hunt make it nov 14 I think it will start getting hot about oct 31 and it will be good till the 20 of nov

Quick Reply: Illinois Rut

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.