Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For the money....

Old 10-25-2008, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default For the money....

What has been the best product you have purchased for bowhunting (or hunting in general) "for the money"? Seems like there is so much crap we waste our money on, and much of it ain't worth its salt - and ALOT of it is expensive these days.

I have to say hands down....my bow holster has been a GREAT investment. Igot mine in 1990 (yes, lonnnggg ago - my wife got it for me for Christmas the year we got married which is how I remember). It wasabout $7or $8 I think. I use it religiously, and even feel like I am missing something when I don't have it now.

Last night...I had deer coming to me.I couldn't see em, but could hear them coming through the pines. I took my bow off my hanger,got into position, and slipped it into my holster. 10 mins later they appear about 35yds away. 2 mature does, 2 fawns, and a spike. They piddled around for an almost an hour eating acorns within 30-40yds of me. All the time, I am on lock down trying not to spook them. Having that holster takes all the pressure off holding your bow when you are in a situation where you can't or don't want to move. My arm isn't worn out...it just rests there. What have you gotten that was of huge value for the money?

Below is a pic of one.... mine is old school - Original Treebark

Old 10-25-2008, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: For the money....

My rangefinder! Since my depth perception sucks, I use it religiously to determine different distances when I get into each stand.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

My rangefinder! Since my depth perception sucks, I use it religiously to determine different distances when I get into each stand.
Good way to practice/fix that is to look at a tree say "thats 26 yards" and then pace it off and use your steps to sight in your bow and everything like that aswell.

My favorite piece of gear is accully my neck gater.

If I feel cold at all just pull it up and since your ciculating warm blood then you'll feel warmer.

Ryan.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:36 AM
Banned

my first traditional bow

it changed the complete way I look at bowhunting
Old 10-25-2008, 09:52 AM

My bow
Old 10-25-2008, 09:54 AM

Cell phone, makes hunting much safer
Old 10-25-2008, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

My stands, they have to be comfortable so that i can sit quietly and confortably for as long as needed....
Old 10-25-2008, 10:53 AM
Dominant Buck

Nikon ATB's.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hunter Safety System
Old 10-25-2008, 10:54 AM

I have two. Range finders and lighted nocks.

Quick Reply: For the money....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.