Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

opinions on motion cameras for game

Old 03-27-2003, 08:23 AM

Default RE: opinions on motion cameras for game

These all sound interesting...I' m hoping to invest in one soon. I' m thinking a possible improvement would be to eliminate film and goto the smart media cards used in a lot of digital cameras. This would eliminate the time in changing film and also developing the film. With the smart media cards, you could easily swap them, download the pics to your computer, edit them, print them, or post on here for others to enjoy.
Hopefully, as wireless network technology continues advancing, the need to actually go into the woods to retrieve the cards/film from your camera will no longer be essential as the camera could automatically send the pics to your home computer. I think it would even be neat to set up a web-cam in the woods and monitor deer trails and the like in real time from your home computer. Just some thoughts as I sit here boored at work.
Old 03-27-2003, 09:28 AM
Typical Buck

I' ve had my Camtrakker for 2 years now. It' s
taken around 15 rolls of film(24 exposure) and
has yet to take even one bogus picture. Great
quality pics and dependable....$$$ well spent
if you asked me[:-]. Hope to buy a second one
this summer.....if I can find that coffee can I
buried in the backyard.
Old 03-27-2003, 09:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

2 camtrakkers and a homebuilt (cannon Sure Shot). The camtrakker are the best i have used or seen. My homebuilt is ok but about every roll you get a few ghost pictures. Although the woodswatcher looks pretty good.

www.woodswatcher.com
Old 04-05-2003, 09:27 AM
Typical Buck

Skeeter, can I ask where you got instructions for homebuilt one? Or did you just build your own? If so, do you have instructions available...?
Old 04-05-2003, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Trailtimer Photohunter has been great for me. Very easy to use and the pictures are absolutley beautiful! ( no haze around the edge like many other cameras) Alot of other camera eat batteries at an alarming rate. My Photohunter get over 3 months. Best toy I ever bought!!! I think the Non- Typical Cam is good also.

Good Luck!
Old 04-05-2003, 08:29 PM

I own a DC-100, and have had great success with it . it takes great pictures .
Old 04-06-2003, 02:30 PM

been using the original moltrie game cam for three years. Had to learn to clear lmbs right in front that might sway and set it off also got a lot of pictures of myself but also got a lot of amazing pictures I wouldn' t have without it not just deer but every kind of animal you can think of. One of the best ways to decide on which one to buy is to go to trade shows and let vendors show you all the featuresand compare them to each other at the same place. The only problem I see with one is your film developing bill will go sky high because they are addictive, when I first got one would go down to my club with my buddies every weekend get the film run to walmart for one hour photo and wait to see what was onthe pictures you' ll be surprised what bucks are around after dark