Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

"Windicator" - What's in em?

Old 10-25-2008, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: "Windicator" - What's in em?

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Use Milk weed after It drys out. You will get a much better wind perception.
Hey someone else does what I do!!! I have aziplock full of 'em in my pouch when I go out, and they do work good...

My problem is, where I hunt....every 15 minutes, they fly off in a different direction [&:] Last night I had a NSEW wind....
Old 10-25-2008, 02:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: WV Hunter

Hey someone else does what I do!!! I have aziplock full of 'em in my pouch when I go out, and they do work good...

My problem is, where I hunt....every 15 minutes, they fly off in a different direction [&:] Last night I had a NSEW wind....
They definitely tell the truth on where the wind goes and how It twirls when It does.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: WV Hunter

They definitely tell the truth on where the wind goes and how It twirls when It does.
I use something along the milkweed lines, they arethese little, fine feathers I take from my chickens (stomach and pelvic area)when I butcher them. I have bags and bags of them and they work great. I can even shred the feather into smaller pieces that will ride thermals and real see what the wind is doing all around me. I'll send out about 5-7 little floaters at a time and it is very interesting to see where they all go sometimes. I stuff a bunch in a film canister and keep it in my pack.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:21 PM
Dominant Buck

I went ahead and picked up 3 more bottles of the stuff from BPS, yesterday.....along with.....yes....gum-o-flage.[&:]

Great ideas though, guys.