Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Multiple Broadheads

Old 10-24-2008, 08:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default Multiple Broadheads

Does anyone bring different sets of broadheads into the woods with them. Cause I bought a pack of muzzys then all of a sudden a week before season they disapeared and i went and bought G5 tekans. Long story short my gf stuck the muzzys in the truck of her car in a box and just found them yesterday. So i was wondering, does it serve any purpose to bring two different kind of broadheads into the woods, they both shoot about the same.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:47 AM

Default RE: Multiple Broadheads

I do, for taking pot shots at squriils and rabbits, fox what ever walked by that is legal. I just go out and buy the cheapest broadhead or use old dull muzzy from last year.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:01 AM
Fork Horn

i do, but its not for pot shots, i think right now i have montecs, rages, and a thunderhead. Some are from years previous and they all shot the exact same so i figuired why not. Plus im kinda supersticious so i rotate arrows thinking that this one will be my lucky one, lol.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am very suprised that your Muzzy's shoot the same as an expandable. I have always had to sight my bow in for Muzzy's. To anwser your question, no. I carry three arrows in my quiver, all tipped with the BHs I prepared with before season.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I carry 2 types of heads, but not 2 different types of fixed heads. I decided to try outmechanicals this year so there's one of those in with my fiixed heads.

About the same? I wouldn't feel very confident with that.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

I am very suprised that your Muzzy's shoot the same as an expandable.
That means your bow is not tuned exactly right. Since I learned how to tune a bow about 15yrs ago, I've never had ANY fixed BH flight problems, they fly right with my FP's. Muzzy's fly excellent for sure.

It wouldn't hurt to bring 2 different types with you - as long asyou know for sure they both hit where you aim. I personally only have 1 in my quiver.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:19 AM
Fork Horn

I dont know if im gonna carry them both but i was just wondering if it was a completely stupid idea or not.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have three Slick Tricks and three Grim Reapers in my quiver. I usually alternate which bh I choose on every hunt. Currently, its the Grim Reaper...and has been all year. [:@]
Old 10-24-2008, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I carry two Slick Trick Magnums for deer but I also carry two Phatheads in case I get a shot at a large hog. I figure that since my bow has less than 60 ft lbs of KE I want a smaller diameter, cut on contact head for the hogs. I'm probably overthinking it but I feel better doing it this way.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:40 AM
Fork Horn

lets see i got a 5 arrow quiver and 3 typs of heads got 2 with Montecs on them...2 with feild points for anything else i want to shoot and a Rocky Mountain Snyper as well....ill take a pot shot at a leaf or something like that before iclimb down to see how well my yardage judging is and so on and shoot a squrill or something like that i have always carried BH and Feild points with me at the same time

Quick Reply: Multiple Broadheads

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.