Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hoyt website updated....

Old 10-22-2008, 11:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hoyt website updated....

ORIGINAL: shoot2thrill25

i would have to guess that these are the pics of the black out...looks sweet and will be getting ordered asap!!!
This is just the blackout model.They are offering an APG blackout,which may be APG camo with black limbs but I can't find out anything on it.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:10 AM

TFOX, I think the catalog shows one w/ a black riser and camo limbs. We custom ordered a few kateras last year in that configuration, and I can tell you it looks freakin awesome! My only complaint, they had it painted gloss, and it was pretty shiny. If it's flat black, it would be killer.

As far as ordering a bow I haven't shot......

1. It's a Hoyt. I have not met a Hoyt in the last 5 years I didn't like. Every other bow in their line up I've shot, and wouldn't be disappointed with any of them. Of them, I like the Seven37 the best, I just don't want one quite that long ATA. And I know I don't want one as short as 32. I have a 30" draw.....Yeah, that won't work.

2. I've shot the Bowtech lineup as well, including the Guardian and General. That split riser design is incredible. I simply cannot imagine how that is going to hurt. Hoyt is already known for a quiet bow with little to know vibration, and a smooth pull. I see this design as only improving on these qualities. How can it not?

TFOX is correct. IF I don't like it, I don't have to take it. We'll just sell it, and I'll get aSeven37. But, I just don't see that happening. I don't know what there is about that bow that I won't like. It's got the geometry I'm looking for, it could be a tick faster, but 316 surely isn't slow. And I know enough about the Hoyt lineup and history to be able to make a well enough assumption before hand.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:06 AM

I am very intrigued by the Alphamax for sure, cant wait to shoot one. I am also really interested in seeing that Realtree APG/Blackout color scheme. Something tells me I may be breaking away from my Bowtech and going to a Hoyt this year. and FINALLY Hoyt has listened some and lightened up these bows. Not a ton but still they are much lighter than previous years offerings. Don let me know if you get any info about that blackout/APC color scheme. I want to see that. And If I get any info from our Rep at the shop I'll let you know too. I have looked in the catalog and there is no photo of the APG/Blackout color scheme.

But overall I think it will be a good solid bow that will sell pretty decent.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:19 AM

And, I know the AlphaMax 35 has modular draw length adjustment, 1/2" increments. So thst will help the dealers out tremendously.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm either planning on a 737 or a Constitution this year if I add a 3D bow to my collection.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:42 AM

ORIGINAL: mobow

And, I know the AlphaMax 35 has modular draw length adjustment, 1/2" increments. So thst will help the dealers out tremendously.
me and my dealer were discussing this the other day...He almost shed a tear when he found this out, he was soo Happy..lol Would help them from having as much left over inventory at the end of the year I would think, and also keep them from having to order alot of bows when the DL is only off by .5 or 1" from the model he has in stock.

I cant wait to shoot the Alphamax and the 35 side by side to compare them.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:45 AM

ORIGINAL: mobow

AMEN to that Don. We had to discount a bunch of ours we had left over from the 2 past years just to get rid of them. But I think with the mods and the lighter weight sales will be helped. In the past few years Mathews has outsold our Hoyts at the shop probably close to 10-1. With these refinements I think it should narrow the gap some.