Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NO WAY THAT HAPPEN

Old 10-20-2008, 07:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default NO WAY THAT HAPPEN

I think i ate something bad today.
I went out this afternoon to hunt and set up my ground blind for a morning hunt. I set up on the north side corner of a bean field and a corn field looking at a corn field. I am in a 5 yard wide wood line.
I sit there for a hour and half and figure i should head out so i did not need the light to get out. I figured if i used it i would spook the deer.
I looked the fields over no deer so i head out.
I get about half way down the wood line i look over to the other side of the bean field oppps deer!!!!
There are at least three deer standing there. I figure i can go back and wait them out or since they already see me walk out.
I come to the choice i should just walk out and leave.
I walk another 50 yards. One of them a nice looking buck runs around then heads in the woods. So i figure he has busted me. Well when he ran the other four ran. There end up being five total. Heres where it gets fun they running from the west to the eats towards my blind to the north. I think dam here going to go right by my blind if i had just stayed alittle longer.
Nope they stop 150 yards out to the northwest. Then one of the does who i think ran the pack came right at me. The other three come right at me.
One of them a small buck stayed about 80 yards away. The other three came about 60 to 75 yards out. I think if they come 40 yards closer i will kill a deer standing with BLUE JEANS A BLACK SHIRT. I say to my self nock a arrow slowly. Bad thing is my bow is strapped to my game cart with my backpack. I pull it side me kneel down and unstrap it get the bow up nock a arrow all with four deer looking at me between 60 and 80 yards away in a open field. There standing there broadside two quateraway. I am thinking come on 40 yards. I was also thinking wonder what if i picked some beans and held them out to feed them LOL.

I stand there no believing what just happen.
They kind walk off toward my blind. I am wondering if i could walk into the wood line and stalk them. Well when i got to the woods and started walking through the think brush and steeping on limbs and grass. They ran off the way they came.

Now i know guys man law. But i did not get this on video because the camcorder was in my bag and i could either get the bow or cam. I was snot going for the cam thinking i might get a bow kill my first kill in a field wide open with blue jeans on. So sack punch me. Sorry.

I was almost crying when i left. It is by far the greatest day in my live. I feel fortunate i hunt fish when ever i want. I will be getting paid 880 bucks a month to go to collage. I wish i could have shot one or got some video but wow. Seriously the greats hunt i have ever had.
I almost tried the 70 yard shot but did not because i have never shot that far and have no pin for it. But i will admit the thought crossed my mind for a second.

All in all a good day. When i first got there a raccoon came 5 yards in front of me and a squirrel was close enough i properly could have slapped him with my arrow. I went to shoot him but since i was on some dead brush and had to turn he ran off. Which worries me about the deer tomorrow morning. Might get a mate to drop down from now on.

There where alot of trails and poo running from the wood line to each field.
Odd thing though what kind of deer poo is a clumb the looks like all the little dropping mashed togather in a ball.

With the deer seeing me and stuff what will that do for a morning hunt there.
They seem to not be scared of me since the ran almost to me.
Sorry for no video
Old 10-20-2008, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: NO WAY THAT HAPPEN

You'll be fine hunt there in the morning
Old 10-20-2008, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Keep at it Tim your going to get one.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

I think i ate something bad today.
alot of trails and poo running from the wood line to each field.
what kind ofpoo is a clumb the looks like all the little dropping mashed togather in a ball.
More fiber in your diet perhaps Tim?
Old 10-20-2008, 07:47 PM

Great read man, i enjoyed that
Old 10-20-2008, 07:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Tim,

One thing your going to have to do Is stay out there until It's time to leave (no more shooting light). If you keep doing this your handicapping yourself, your just educating the deer on where you are. Right before dark is usually the best time for deer moving.

I'm happy you had a hunt of your life but It will get much better If you play by there rules a little more. Stay put, they'll be there. If you don't, they will not.

Good luck Tim!
Old 10-21-2008, 03:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

i know one issue i have is staying long enough and late enough. I think if i had stayed there they would have come right across to where i was. Unless i was why the were moving that way then doubtfull but still your right.
ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Tim,

One thing your going to have to do Is stay out there until It's time to leave (no more shooting light). If you keep doing this your handicapping yourself, your just educating the deer on where you are. Right before dark is usually the best time for deer moving.

I'm happy you had a hunt of your life but It will get much better If you play by there rules a little more. Stay put, they'll be there. If you don't, they will not.

Good luck Tim!
Old 10-21-2008, 03:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Glad you could read it man!!!!
ORIGINAL: Tomkat08

Great read man, i enjoyed that