Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My new hunting area this year

Old 10-20-2008, 11:29 AM

Default My new hunting area this year

Alright guy's I really got lucky this year. I got a farmer to let me hunt his land.. This place has it all, water, food and bedding area. Here is a pic of it. There is also another area about 5 miles away, thats has some monsters wandering it. Let me know what you think.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:42 AM

Default RE: My new hunting area this year

Ok here is the other peice I hunt that came with this land. It's also pumpkins and a creek and swamp, with oak hardwoods. This is the section that has some monsters.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd move tree stand #2, south, Into that Point.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:49 PM
Typical Buck

I like the area near Treestand #1 in the top photo. It has two narrow corridors that come to one point, not to mention multiple edges that come together in one spot. I would bet you would find some old rub scars and would see some scrapes in that area. Its amazing how a buck will use those "overlooked" spots when looking for a hot doe.

Those type of spots become very active in the chase phase. We have a spot like that we call the tunnel, it has deer movement on evert set.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:05 AM

ORIGINAL: elkhuntinut

I like the area near Treestand #1 in the top photo. It has two narrow corridors that come to one point, not to mention multiple edges that come together in one spot. I would bet you would find some old rub scars and would see some scrapes in that area. Its amazing how a buck will use those "overlooked" spots when looking for a hot doe.

Those type of spots become very active in the chase phase. We have a spot like that we call the tunnel, it has deer movement on evert set.
Hey do you mean right here? Where I have it circled? Thanks for all the help to.