Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My season sidelined, temporarily I hope

Old 10-19-2008, 09:28 PM
Super Moderator

Default My season sidelined, temporarily I hope

Off topic I guess, but about 6 months ago I suffered a "slight" shoulder injury at work(seemed like just sore muscles at the time)that I thought would heal on its own. Its limited my shooting to just a few arrows a day and I didn't make one 3D shoot this year. Well its getting worse and the pain has now spread to my triceps and biceps, weakness, loss of strength, and have trouble raising my right arm over my head......I'm guessing inflammation.

This morning I went hunting and once I made it into my favorite spot I tried pulling my bow, couldn't first time but did the second try. Tried to shoot this afternoon and couldn't get the bow back. I even tried pulling my son's bow back and his is down 5 lbs. less than mine. So I am hoping to see my doctor tomorrow and let him get started on it. Man am I ever bummed out. Hopefully he gives me good news and all I need is a shot and some antibiotics. I'm not even going to mention shooting a bow to him, I'm determined to shoot in a couple of days and back hunting within a week or two.

Sorry for the long post, this is just something that really upsets me. I've never been not able to shoot my bow since I started 32 years ago.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: My season sidelined, temporarily I hope

I feel for ya, I had tendonitis in my right shoulderfrom baseball last fall.
Good luck with it all, keep us updated!
Old 10-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

That sucks dude. Theres not much you can do maybe take the muzzle loader out for a walk.... Maybe fashion a spear out of human hair and a bone, to make it more manly. Nah, You're going to be just fine. dont sweat it.

Ryan.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

So I am hoping to see my doctor tomorrow and let him get started on it
I was hoping you were going to say you were going to the doc to get It checked out. You just never know what could be wrong. Get It taken care of Cougar so no problems arise long term from this. Good luck and I wish you the best.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, get it taken care of now so it's not a loooong term problem. Hopefully a quick and simple fix and your back out there in no time.

Like for the rut.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:52 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds like what happened to me 2 years ago. I wound up having Rotator Cuff surgery. The recovery was not too bad, it was about 3 months before I could pull my bow back again, at 50#. I am now back up to 68# pounds with no pain at all.

Good Luck
Old 10-20-2008, 05:53 AM
Site Buck Guru

Good luck with the shoulder. Maybe enough adrenaline will kick in when that nice buck comes by your stand and help with the draw!
Old 10-20-2008, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Go to he Dr and get an MRI. Same type of symptoms and took insurance co. 8 months to permit the MRI. Torn rotator cuff w/complications. Hope you don't have anything like that, it sucked! Good luck brother.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Definitely get in to the dr. you should have done it sooner. Hopefully it is rotator cuff, then you can get back to 100%. Not all of us that get bowhunting related shoulder injuries ever get back to 100%.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hopefully the doc can fix you up. Makes it even tougher that you were injured at work.

Quick Reply: My season sidelined, temporarily I hope

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.