Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

need some help.

Old 10-19-2008, 05:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default need some help.

I went to a new area this afternoon.
I found a new that is kind of hard to figure out. It has a hill that goes up about 10 feet higher then ground level. It has waist high grass and weeds. Nothing like thorns just grass. There are trails coming to the top in all directions some lead across the road. Some go down to the south into the woods. Some into the woods to the East. The rest go to the north into open area.
On the north side of the top is some thick brush with some kind of black berry that has a red stem that looks kind of like cane. Do the deer like them. On the top and down the east side area areas that look like places where deer or something have bedded down the grass is pushed down in a 4 foot circle.
Down to the south is somesmall tree andbrush that offers cover. There are several trails running down into the woods through this area.

There is also a creek to the south.
I thought about setting my pop up on top on the hill but i worry if they could be bedding on the hill. Could they? The i though about the area to the south that is in some trees but still clear.
Or i could set up closer to the road where it seems they cross the road. There are several trails leading to the road. There is also a bean field across the road. The first small field is uncut but brown. The larger field to the west is being cut today and i would say will be done by tomorrow afternoon. Could they be crossing the road and hitting the fields to the west?

Where would you set up here is a map to help

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&ll=39.068513,-87.356812&spn=0.003848,0.006866&t=h&z= 17&msid=107561805519961621604.000459a366740ead e2bb1