Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Blazers or Feathers

Old 10-19-2008, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Blazers or Feathers

Afternoon all,

I was just wondering if you all shoot blazers or feathers and why. The shop where I got my bow and where I just started working part time avidly promotes shooting feathers rather than blazers, however, a couple of stores I've went to only have the blazers. I was wondering which you all shoot and what the advantage of one over the other is? thanks for the help
Old 10-19-2008, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Blazers or Feathers

Blazers
Old 10-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Dominant Buck

Absolutely the last year I'll ever shoot blazers.

I'm tired of the clearance issues I have with Bowtechs and Bazers.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:51 AM

Blazers

GMMAT: my wife shoots Blazers with her Bowtech Equalizer using a NAP Smartrest and the cock fletch out at a angle, works okay.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:53 AM

Blazers, I don't know to credit the glue job or the blazer but Im getting passthroughs on my Spray Insulation Target and them fletchings dont even get affected.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:57 AM
Dominant Buck

im ocd:

I've now owned a few Bowtechs....and the cables are the culprit with the Bowtech/Blazers. Clear the cables....then the rest becomes an issue. I'd rather change fletchings than rests.
Old 10-19-2008, 02:42 PM
Typical Buck

I currently shoot blazers now but I am going back to feathers next year. No real reason just like the look of feathers.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:00 PM
Typical Buck

I shoot blazers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2008, 03:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

ive shot both....

granted ive only been bowhunting 3 seasons now, and only shot feathers for...a month or so....

i found it impossible to keep feathers "nice" and together...they still shot fine, and tests have been done showing that even wet feathers shoot fine......actually shot fine with 1 feather missing...(right helical) loved the forgiveness of them...i had major contact and you would never known...the base of the feather actually ate away a part of my rest lol...thats how i found out but flight was GREAT when "ruffled" for a lack of a better word, they made a noise in flight, worse than the noise they made if they were perfect....

i switched to blazers and havent looked back....almost went to a 4" vane on a hard right helical just for the stabilization....but i had expirienced shooters tell me not to bother...plain and simple, the blazers do their job efficiently enough....if you got the clearance, they will work....i shoot fixed blade broadheads with perfect flight(from a well tuned bow)

Old 10-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have 4 arrows in my quiver with 5" feathers, and 2 with blazers for rain.

Quick Reply: Blazers or Feathers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.