Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Overcoming LW stand "obstacles" (sit & climb)

Old 10-19-2008, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Overcoming LW stand "obstacles" (sit & climb)

For the price of the stands, they should be able to hold your bottle for you and change your diaper too.[8D]

LT

So it's price, huh? What do you think about Scent-lok?

Don't answer that.
Not "about" price. It is all about functionality/comfort/value. I found that on my first try with the Viper.[8D]

Now, back to your Scent Lok question. Not!!!
Old 10-19-2008, 05:09 PM
Typical Buck

I just ordered a Hammock seat for my lone wolf. I'll let you guys know how it is once I get it. Here is where i ordered from:

http://hazmore.net/cart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=7&ccSIDa6 e70b027d696f1d3afe13fa71f85b8e=f848579ff0cb773750c ca51e0a46ce52
Old 10-19-2008, 05:13 PM
Dominant Buck

The fact that they don't know the difference between "quite" and "quiet" on their website kinda scares me a little.....lol....but for $20.....how much ofa risk are ya really taking?

Let me know how you like it after you get it.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:38 PM
Typical Buck

I try not to take naps, i tend to snore and loud from what my wife says!!!!!!!!!!! so napping for me
Old 10-19-2008, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the LW hand climber and if I can get up the tree without cracking a rib I would be happier.[:@]
Old 10-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Typical Buck

never seen a 'light weight cadillac' before....the equilizer is awesome if you have a place relatively brush free and easy to get to. I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine.

lonewolf's are nice, but if I wanted a sit all day stand, the equilizer would be it
Old 10-19-2008, 05:53 PM
Dominant Buck

The other thing I noticed about the equalizer is.....the max tree diameter is 19".

That's not very big, really. My Summit will go on larger trees....and that's one of the main reasons I use it over the LW (WHEN I use it over the LW).

Old 10-19-2008, 06:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

The other thing I noticed about the equalizer is.....the max tree diameter is 19".

That's not very big, really. My Summit will go on larger trees....and that's one of the main reasons I use it over the LW (WHEN I use it over the LW).

Jeff, have you gotten the XL traction belts for your LW yet? They're good for up to a 22" diameter tree.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:22 PM
Typical Buck

ive got the regular size and the big size and ive gotten around MUCH larger trees than 19"
Old 10-19-2008, 07:26 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry boys, I've been gone most of the days.

The equalizer is a great stand. Coupled with my super comfy backpack straps from GWL, I'll never change (doubt it).

I got the attachment so that i can face the tree (I LOVE THIS WAY OF HUNTING) and it weights 25lbs. I attach my backpack to it, too. The total setup weighs 32lbs and it is a dream for me to carry (ok no, but close!) and I'm 5'6" 160lbs.

The straps that connect the stands DO NOT hinder. They are longer then I originally thought. But, I'm not the tallest guy, either.

Jeff, they do a show circuit, but not a big one. I really suggest you at least try one. It is very refreshing to hear that you'd at least give it a try.

Equalizer is like High Country Archery, they do basically zero advertising and marketing to create product awareness...

Quick Reply: Overcoming LW stand "obstacles" (sit & climb)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.