Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

guest i might be hunting another area next year

Old 10-18-2008, 05:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default guest i might be hunting another area next year

Well last week i went to check in and read a news clip that was disturbing.

The local fish and wildlife leases there land from a mine company.
They pay a low price of 100 bucks year.
The mine has wanted to sell it to them for years. then they don't then they want them off the land. I have been told that before they have nearly cut out entire hunting season over they issue.
So the DNR went to the mine and wants a set price to buy it. They set a price i guest though they did not let us know what it was.
They got alot of the money from hunting and fishing clubs.

Just as field and streams some waterfowl group.
But the private groups would only give the money if the dnr got mining rights. Because the mine company will be moving a drag across three county's. I guest doing so cost 100s of thousands of dollars. So due to new tech in mining. they want to use the drag to remain areas that are still full of coal. So if they buy the land let the mine keep surface rights. They will come through and total destroy the fish and wildlife area. Which mean crap for hunting for the next properly 10 years. The mine said no, Though they said they had no plans to remain the land right now.

So they come to new terms the mine would give the park 90sto vacate the land if the mine company wants them to. Until then the DNR keeps leasing the land. AT a new price no where near 100 bucks a year. Try 77,000 a year. A 76,900 increase.
The lady at the office said there paying the 77,000 and plan to for the future. But with budget cuts and all the issues with the dnr's cash flow. I wonder what will be the first to be cut out.

I think i need to check out the other public area just incase. I now the state forest in the next county is State owned and not going any where. Though it is open for camping and hiking and all the other stuff state parks are open to. I just worry one day i will go in and there a sign we closed leave sorry.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: guest i might be hunting another area next year

Well that bites!!!! hope it works out for you.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

Just one question......HUH?!?!?!?
Old 10-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

whats the proplem
ORIGINAL: snake123

Old 10-18-2008, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

whats the proplem

Um...spelling, sentence-structure, spelling...

Sorry Tim, but it's really hard to follow some of your posts. No offense, at least nothing personal. It's just hard to get the true idea of what you're trying to say, that's all. I get the jist of it, but I read it 3 times. I think that's what Snake was getting at.

Don't go postal on me; I'm just clarifying. It's not like it's the first time someone's said something to you about it.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's all good buddy. I know my grammer sucks.
ORIGINAL: bowman15

whats the proplem

Sorry Tim, but it's really hard to follow some of your posts. No offense, at least nothing personal. It's just hard to get the true idea of what you're trying to say, that's all. I get the jist of it, but I read it 3 times. I think that's what Snake was getting at.

Don't go postal on me; I'm just clarifying. It's not like it's the first time someone's said something to you about it.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's all good buddy. I know my grammer sucks.
ORIGINAL: bowman15

whats the proplem