Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are Climbing Stands too Noisy?

Old 10-18-2008, 07:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Are Climbing Stands to Noisy?

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

That seat/top section MUST be dug in, and or have weight/pressure onit. If it doesn't, it willfall and hit the platform (ugly sound)more times than you'll want to tell anybody about.
What about when you're adjusting your tether up the tree, EI? How do you keep weight/pressure on the platform when you're doing this?

I never said anything about a tether on the way up.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

WOW, LOL

The two straps that are used to hold the bottom section. Just tighten them down when you're all set

Old 10-18-2008, 07:32 PM
Dominant Buck

I agree, Germ....and it's rock solid when you get to your apex.

How do you keep the upper from wanting to fall on the way up, though....as you're adjusting your tether?

it's just a minor problem....and I've figured out a way to overcome it. But...it does exist. To tell someone they don't have enough experience with the stand to overcome this.....when they (the person claiming experience superiorrity)don't tie off ascending....is a "little" hypocritical, at best, though.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

I see, hmmm
Old 10-18-2008, 07:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

To tell someone they don't have enough experience with the stand to overcome this.....when they (the person claiming experience superiorrity)don't tie off ascending....is a "little" hypocritical, at best, though.
I didn't say that you don't have enough experience. I said with more experience, you won't have that happening anymore.Jeff, you should try to remember I've been using these stands for 7 years now.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:46 PM
Dominant Buck

Yes, the seat section wants to fall down to the platform every time you give it the chance to. With time and experienceyou will learn how NOT to let that happen. That used to happen to me too,a long time ago!
So the key is not tying off and keeping pressure on the seat by sitting on the bar while you ascend?

There's a brainstorm![8D]
Old 10-18-2008, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

So the key is not tying off and keeping pressure on the seat by sitting on the bar while you ascend?

There's a brainstorm![8D]

I've been doing it that way for over 8 years now, only I don't sit on the bar; I 'hang' from it, with the bar under my arms. If the upper fails, I'll come down on the lower section, locking it into the tree immediately. And vise-versa; if the lower sectiion fails, I've got the upper locked under my arms and it's gonna lock into the tree when I start sliding down.

Seems to work; I've never fallen; then again, my stand hasn't failed either. Still, even if I did tie off, I'm sure I'd figure a way to keep pressure on the upper section so it wouldn't fall, especially if I've got it under my arms. I guess I just don't use mine like you do yours.

How did you figure out to overcome it?
Old 10-18-2008, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

All of these bolts, instead of weld drive me nuts.[8D][&:][:@]

Old 10-18-2008, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love having totwist my stand from side to side to break it loss from the tree. Get the open shot Jeff, it is the Holy Grail. My alpha is long gone.[:'(]
Old 10-18-2008, 10:09 PM
Typical Buck

I've been using my sit and climb for a few months now and i love it. i havent had any problems at all with the top portion falling but i'm not sure what to do with the seat while climbing. I've strapped it to the sidebars in several different configurations but it always seems to scrape the tree.

Quick Reply: Are Climbing Stands too Noisy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.