Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NC boys.....

Old 10-17-2008, 11:29 AM

Default NC boys.....

When does the rut usually start getting underway in these parts. I am from Indiana so NC bucks are a little new to me.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:39 AM
Spike

Default RE: NC boys.....

What part of NC? I am in Greensboro and have seen much pre-rut activity already. I haven't ever hunted here beforeeither (just moved from Missouri) so I too am curious what others say...
Old 10-17-2008, 11:49 AM
Fork Horn

Always seems like it's the week of muzzleloader season, so November 15 and the week leading up to. I've got scrapes by the handfuls and trees torn to pieces up here (30 miles North of Winston Salem).
Old 10-17-2008, 02:45 PM

I live near Hickory/Shelby. Haven't seen alot of rubs or scraps. I have seen a few rubs, but not like I would expect. Muzzleloader here is already over our zones muzzleloader was from Oct. 6- 11.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

The 10 through the 30 show the most actvity here
Old 10-17-2008, 07:30 PM
Dominant Buck

I;ve seen PLENTY of rubs....but no scrapes, yet. (Haven't looked real hard, though)

I shot my '07 buck last year on 11/6....and he was chasing on 11/2 when I first saw him.

We're a couple weeks out, I think. Seeking? They're broken up and wandering, now.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bucks have been chasing does down east for a couple of weeks...Last Saturday, I found 8 scrapes around our field here in Randolph County (center of the state)...Wednesday morning I grunted in an 8 pointer about 7:30...

As the spring is milder on the coast, the breeding starts earlier "Down East" than in the foothills...
Old 10-17-2008, 10:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I;ve seen PLENTY of rubs....but no scrapes, yet. (Haven't looked real hard, though)

I shot my '07 buck last year on 11/6....and he was chasing on 11/2 when I first saw him.

We're a couple weeks out, I think. Seeking? They're broken up and wandering, now.
I think we are still a good ways out here. Even though I'm not in NC, I'm close.

I actually had a 1.5 and 2.5 year old bucks walk out in front of my car a few minutes ago. I've seen a few early season rubs, maybe rubbing velvet off, but other than that, nada.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

It should be starting this week in Eastern NC. Last Monday there were no scrapes in traditional, primaryareas. I just went to MD for the early muzzleloader season and when I re-check for scrapes this week, I bet there will be plenty.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shelby and Hickory are in different counties and in different areas. The area for Hickory (Catawba County)has not had ML season yet (Nov 15th). There should be descent movement by that time.

Quick Reply: NC boys.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.