Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NY Bow tag question

Old 10-17-2008, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default NY Bow tag question

I asked for a bow tag and i got a bowtag that says either sex, than i asked for a muzzleloader tag and i got one that says bow/muzzle loader antlerless only... Now does this mean i can use this bow/muzzle tag during the regular bow season to take a doe, or does it mean i can only take a doe with the bow during the late muzzleloader/bow season.
The thing that confused me is on the tag it says nothing about late season bow only it seems like you can use this tag during the regular bow season?
Old 10-17-2008, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NY Bow tag question

You can take a buck or a doe with your bow tag. But if you tag a doe and use your bow tag your done, unless you put in for a doe only tag. You have to tell them what DMU you want foryour doe only tag. I have never hunted muzzle loaded but I think that tag is the same, you can get a buck or a doe with that tag. You can only get one buckwith either one, 1 with gun, 1 with bow, 1 with muzzle loader. And how ever many doe tags you get, max of 2, unless someone sign's a doe tag over to you.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ok so the tag I have that says "Antlerless only, Archery/Muzzleloader" I can take a doe with that in the regular archery season (not the late?)

The thing that confuses me is why dont they give me that tag with the archery tags, you need to ask for a muzzle loader tag to get that.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have never gotten a muzzle loader tag, your bow tag is good for 1 deer, a buck or a doe. Sence I have never gotten a muzzle loader tag I dont know if you can use that for the first bow season. Usualy all doe only tags are set to a DMU and have to be applied for. Did you apply for doe tags? Im sorry I cant be of much help.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think i figured it out.

Resident Hunters:

If you purchase:
Muzzleloading OR Bowhunting Privilege*--

"You will receive one Bow/Mz Season Either Sex Deer Tag and one Bow/Mz Season Antlerless Deer Tag, both of which may be used in either season. "

Conservation Legacy or Super Sportsman License-- You will receive:

a Regular Season Deer Tag and
a Bow/Mz Season Either Sex Deer Tag and
a Bow/Mz Season Antlerless Deer Tag

So what i have highlighted in red was my question, it looks like i can shoot a buck with the bow, and a doe with the bow during the normal archery season... Cool ty for your help
Old 10-17-2008, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

my bow license says, bow/mz season either sex, that all I was give and all they ever give me every year for bow. ok, depending on where your at here is what is says for that "antlerless tag" using it for bow in the Northern zone it can only be used Oct 1 -17th. Southern zone it can be used for both bow seasons and is NON Transferable. Your DMU tag for a doe if you got one IS transferable. Then if your in Westchester County oct 18th -Dec 31, Bow only. Then if your in Suffolk County Oct 1st - Dec 31st bow only. This is strait from the book. I hope this helps a little better.