Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

? for you NC hunters

Old 10-17-2008, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

Default ? for you NC hunters

You guys think it's still a little too early to be ticklin the tines? Havent been out in two weeks. Waiting on a cold front to come through. Going in the morning. Yeah the arse kickin competitions are still a little out, but didnt know it you thought it might hurt to do a little light 'sparring'. I feel like such a newb asking this, but Ive never rattled, have seen more bucks than does (I think b/c theyre smarter than I and the little fellers are stewpid) this year. Have seen 7 different bucks on the 60ac I hunt. Or should I just hold off and keep quit for another couple weeks.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:09 AM
Spike

Default RE: ? for you NC hunters

I'd say give it a try. I was talking to a guy earlier this week, and he said he had one come in to some rattling. It's 2nd hand information so take it for what it's worth. I've seen some young bucks already trying to chase does (ran her right out of my shooting lane) and this morning on the way to work I saw two bucks cross the road in front of my subdivision. They were either spooked, or one was chasing the other one because they were moving with a purpose.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:58 AM
Dominant Buck

The bucks here must think to themselves.....

"Now WHY in the WORLD would I wanna go over there and fight for a girlfriend....when there's so many of 'em out here."

I live in the proverbial deer meat market.....where it's good to be male.

Maybe I oughta figure out a way to emulate two nanny's fighting....and see if the boys come to see a girl fight?[8D]

Old 10-17-2008, 11:58 AM
Spike

The buck/doe ratio on the 33 acres i hunt here is pretty good, id say about 40/60. I have seen 6 bucks on the property so far. Because of this, i tried rattling the other day (3 times now). First time I rattle 3 bucks came right in, 2nd time I had a big buck come in but never w/ in my range, 3rd time nothing...I would say they are definately intrigued though...time to give it a try

Old 10-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Typical Buck

Lotsa does around for sure...doesnt look like its going to matter anyway...gotta get ready for the kids halloween party tomorrow evening.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Same reason as Jeff, I dont ever tickle any tines, just grunt em out.