Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stephenson, Illinois HELP

Old 10-16-2008, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default Stephenson, Illinois HELP

Does anyone know anything about the location? Do you have OTC tags in Illinois or a lottery? My uncle just found out his new co-worker has a few hundred acres up there and they do not hunt, they farm it. I could research the info but with all you guys here I have a better resource than the crappy regulation websites. Thanks
Old 10-16-2008, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stephenson, Illinois HELP

We have a lottery system, Michael. If you want to shoot some does you can buy out of state doe tags over the counter all day long at $15 a piece. You also have to buy you out of state hunting license too. Tag and license will run you somewhere around $80. Next year you need to apply for you either sex tag. Hope to see you in our great state!!
Old 10-16-2008, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks 2 lunger for the info. I guess I will just shoot does in GA this year. Hopefully we can make it up next year and shoot big boy and a few of his ladies. We have done pretty well for our general area but we have never got to hunt outside of GA and Alabama so we want to see some new stuff. Midwest for whitetails and out west for elk/pronghorn are the life long goals.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you really want to, there still may be time. There are still A LOT of tags available through the daily lottery. I don't know what county that is in, but if you check the IDNR website it will tell you what counties still have buck tags. I know many of them still do, my buddy just bought his last night for a county in S. Illinois. Out of state tags are costly though, but you may nail the buck of a lifetime. Good luck and if you are really serious about it this year, id check it out. I think they still can mail tags to you (If they are available) until the beginning of November. Good Luck!
Old 10-17-2008, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry, I forgot I was in the bowhunting forum. Ignore what I said, Im really not to farmiliar with how to get the Out of state Bow license.

Man, thank gosh its Friday!!!