Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I'm feeling lucky!

Old 10-15-2008, 02:39 PM

Default I'm feeling lucky!

Watching the weather for this weekend it looks like East Texas will have highs in the mid-70's and lows near 50. I'm sure this cold front will be effecting other areas, too. This will be our first good, cold weekend since season opened. Pre-rut should be getting under way and with cool weather like this I can stay in the tree all day. So far this bow season I've been hunting in Central Texas. It has been warm and a little slow, but I have seen deer and past on several. I love hunting East Texas, though. I've hunted there since I was a kid, and I know the area like the back of my hand. I have several stands set up for a north wind, and I can't wait to get in a tree. Just wondering if I was the only one whose neck was starting to swell? If you get one down this weekend, post it on Monday. Good luck!

Old 10-15-2008, 02:55 PM

Default RE: I'm feeling lucky!

This is going to be a good weekend for me too. I work 6pm-6am nights, and will be getting off on Fri. morning and wont have to be back untill Mon. evening.

The way the weather looks right now, this may be the best weekend of the season SO FAR.

I've got 2 stands and a blind set up that will be used pretty hard this weekend. Plus a few more spots that I'm holding back on for a few more weeks. The next month should be real good as well.