Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Doe Down on Video. (Videos and Pics)

Old 10-14-2008, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Doe Down on Video. (Videos and Pics)

Jeff & Rob,

I don't know this, it's more of a question. Do you think if the doe's fawn dies real early on or is still born, will she be done lactating by fall? I've killed only a couple "mature" does that had no milk, but I don't think they were so old as to be barren. Just another possiblity.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

So if they have no milk in their sacs at 10/13.....they didn't drop a fawn?

Interesting. I didn't know that. Only one of mine had milk in her sac.....but that was over two weeks ago. So I can assume the other two didn't drop this year?

If so....I feel better, now. Last night I was in the same area I shot the doe saturday (the one that came in with two yearling does and two fawns). Last night the two fawns came by at 4:45 and sniffed all around where I recovered the doe (for 5-10 minutes). I just assumed they were hers.
It can be surmised that she didn't drop fawns. All the other doe we've been seeing have fawns with thwm and one tried to nurse. Matt's doe was full of milk and had this doe had fawns this year, she would have had milk as well unless she dropped them way early and pushed them off (BB's). I cannot tell you the last time I shot a doe that didn't have milk.

OH and Matt filmed a doe that had a fawn with spots with her up at RJ's. Yeah, Oct and spots. [8D]

Anywho, nothing is ever set in stone with whitetails and nothing ceases to surprise me with them either anymore.

All I know was this nanny gave us an excited time and you know better than any how I get pumped and rattled when taking animals with my bow, even turkeys. I love it.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome video, Good job Rob can't wait for more.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

Awesome videos and a big congrats !!!!!!

Also wanted to say thanks for the text last night, I really appreciated it.

Hey, Katie (my daughter)also wanted to say congrats to her friend Rob.

Take care my friend and again congrats.

Brian
Old 10-14-2008, 06:58 PM
Dominant Buck

If that's the case, Rybo...I sure feel better about the doe I took, Saturday. I can't imagine why the fawns would have been over there sniffing if it weren't their mother.....but I guess anything is possible.

She was definitely a mature doe (if you saw the Doe no. 3 thread).
Old 10-14-2008, 07:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great video Rob and Ben, Good Job!

Rob your arrow rest sure is noisy when you draw, maybe the boom mike enhanced it, but I certainly knew when your drew.

Your certainly allowed to get excited, heck I still get a pump shooting rabbits or squirrels..thats what it's all about!
Old 10-14-2008, 07:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Great video Rob and Ben, Good Job!

Rob your arrow rest sure is noisy when you draw, maybe the boom mike enhanced it, but I certainly knew when your drew.

Your certainly allowed to get excited, heck I still get a pump shooting rabbits or squirrels..thats what it's all about!
I know it's loud, I wore off the shrink wrap from shooting it. I should get up right now and fix it...LOL but I'm cameraman the next two nights so I don't need it til Friday morn so I'll fix it by then. I was actually surprised the doe didn't hear it but it's true, the mic did pick it up probably better than we think. Thanks bud.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

big doe congrats
Old 10-14-2008, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, after 16.5 hours on the road for a trip to my production shops, I am whooped. I had a smille on my face the whole way after last night's sit. What a hunt. Bears, bucks, and dead does, oh my.[8D] Rob made a textbook shot on a beautiful nanny. The 82nd and Easton combo just flat out tore through her. Glad I got to be a part of it. Thanks for the kind words fellas and thanks for another awesome night afield Rob.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

Well, after 16.5 hours on the road for a trip to my production shops, I am whooped. I had a smille on my face the whole way after last night's sit. What a hunt. Bears, bucks, and dead does, oh my.[8D] Rob made a textbook shot on a beautiful nanny. The 82nd and Easton combo just flat out tore through her. Glad I got to be a part of it. Thanks for the kind words fellas and thanks for another awesome night afield Rob.
Welcome home Ben, that's a long day. Tomorrow night you'll forget all about it when we're on stand for possibly not only your first buck with a bow and/or you first deer on film, buck or doe!

Quick Reply: Doe Down on Video. (Videos and Pics)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.