Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Doe Down on Video. (Videos and Pics)

Old 10-14-2008, 09:49 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Doe Down on Video. (Videos and Pics)

Rob:

You were there and I wasn't....but this anatomy chart....your video.....and "above the spine" don't jive in my eyes.

I'm not taking a shot at ANYONE when I ask the question I asked, earlier. It just doesn't appear to possibly be above the spine, TO ME.

I just watched the video, again....and that exit (I'm assuming) wound is 10"-1' down on the right side. I'm just not seeing that as a flesh wound. Again....NO intentions other than MY education.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

Great video Rob.

AndI agree with Rob,that buck has some messed up backstraps but otherwise should be fine. Entrance was above the spine and the arrow exited lower without entering the abdominal cavity.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice shot, nice doe, nice video work.

Your rest sounded loud, to me. Must be the proximity to the mic.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice videos! Good shot!
Old 10-14-2008, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is some cool footage. Was trying to figure out if that bear was looking at you waiting for lunch or if he was looking at you to eatfor lunch
Whats up with that buck??? His tail never moves and it stuck in the half up position. Usually when a deer moves it wags its tail before they move and that buck's tail never even twitched. I would say there is some sore of muscle damage. Who ever shot that deer should try and get out there and finish him off. Just my opinion is all.
Great doe also, WTG. Thanks for the awsome video's!!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 10:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with Rob, righ over the spine.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great work guys. Cool footage all the way around. Ben good job. Way to pull back and find the doe as she fled and then push back in on her to capture her dropping.

Rob, I love the reaction. That right there is what hunting is all about.

Congrats to both of you.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

I agree with Rob, righ over the spine.

That's a weird one for sure.........The view of him walking straight away is a good one.
The problem with the not getting inot the body cavity thing is the rounded contour of the body as it slopes from point of impact to the exit hole.
If you draw a straight line between the 2 on the pic of the deer walking straight away , and assuming the arrow stayed straight since the blades didn't cut the skin it had to be maybe what 1/2" into the body to keep the blades from peeling the skin back?

Hard to say what did or didn't get hit but if it was something vascular like the main artery along the spine or kidney even if it was a nick the deer would be dead after 3 or 4 days or whatever it was?

Could it have nicked the intestine? I guess..............He certainly looks pretty chipper. No hunched over feel or lack of energy which would indicate him being sick in any way.
Arrows can do funny things in the body at impact.......just ask Pat Reeves on that big Wisconsin monster he thought he smoked.

You can rule out a couple compromised vital body parts just by the fact the deer is alive, no spinal cord damage, no major vessel damage, no kidney damage...........not sure about intestine though and the self healing properties if they were even hit.

Just another example of how tough these animals are and how comparatively wimpy we really are.

I wonder what broadhead he was using?
Old 10-14-2008, 10:24 AM
Typical Buck

Very Nice...Congrats Rob...
Old 10-14-2008, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for sharing, great vids!

The buck video really shows how tuff an animal deer are!
A little sad though, but we are at the top of the food chain.

Quick Reply: Doe Down on Video. (Videos and Pics)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.