Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Doe Down on Video. (Videos and Pics)

Old 10-14-2008, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Doe Down on Video. (Videos and Pics)

Great shot and awesome footage. Congrats to the both of the guys!
Old 10-14-2008, 09:16 AM
Dominant Buck

Great stuff, Rob.

No. 1 - Are you kidding me on that buck being alive? Man! I would've NEVER believed that if I'd shot him and seen my arrow hit there. Another thing....he looks EXACTLY like the 5 pointer I saw here, yesterday....minus the right brow tine. He's a touch bigger in body size.....but the racks are identical.

ANY chance he isn't out of the woods, yet....due to infections? Internal injuries that haven't healed (or WON'T heal)? I'd love to hear from the Biology guys if he's gonna make it. If so....it's simply incredible.

I was trying to think of a way to describe the buck I saw yesterday's rack. Now I don't have to.

About the doe....

I take back what I said about everybody doing video and it becoming "old hat". That was a good one, guys. Kudos to you both. I get "rattled" a lot, here, Rob. Gotta love seeing what "just a doe" (kidding, of course) does to us. It's STILL bowhunting...and it's still an awesome rush.

Again....congrats to the hunter and the videographer. Great work.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:17 AM
Banned

Pretty cool..good job..congrats!!
Old 10-14-2008, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice video and great shot!
Old 10-14-2008, 09:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

awesome guys!! congrats!!! thats good stuff!!

im having a super hard time understanding how that buck is alive....1)it looks like it was dang near spined, if it wasnt...and 2) it was a gut shot? arent they supposed to die in 8-12hrs??? i know it wasnt center punched through the guts, but it looks deeper than a graze that wouldnt hit gut...thats AMAZING....im still tryin to understand it.....super cool you got him on video to show your cousin...

good work guys!!! congrats!
Old 10-14-2008, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great footage, guys! That wounded 6 isn't what I was expecting at all when I talked to Ben. That's amazing he's still walking fairly normal, let alone alive! Sorry if I blabbed the teaser when I heard. I was pumped for you guys.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:35 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm still interested to hear from any medical/biologist guys if that buck's out of th ewoods, yet with that injury.

Could he still die from that wound?
Old 10-14-2008, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great stuff Rob ...all the way around!! Congrats on the doe and I'm with Jeff .....WOW on that buck ....
Old 10-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Guys I firmly believe that arrow passed over the spin and under the skin exiting where it did. Most people forget how low the spine sits in the body and thusly why so many people believe in the mythical void.....

That appears to be nothing more than flesh wound. I have more video where I zoomed in on him and if you notice in that one, when he walks away he seems to have a straight line in his hair raised from entrance to exit, that would reinforce it's just under the skin for the most part.

Thanks all for the kind words.

Oh and arrows, they are 27" Super Slams 465 grains traveling 280fps....KE baby! LOL
Old 10-14-2008, 09:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice work guys! It's weird seeing that spot without any food in it this year?
Great shot and good footage but give Ben just a small sack TAP for not getting down tighter on the deer before you shot.
Way to hang tight on the animl as it ran away though that camera arm must be very fluid. I've seen veteran production crews punt that one more times than not.

Is that the first doe you've shot on that property?[:-]

Quick Reply: Doe Down on Video. (Videos and Pics)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.