Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

IS yours a Team Effort?

Old 10-13-2008, 07:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: IS yours a Team Effort?

My land owner only allows me to be on his land for anything, so for that reason only, I am always hunting by myself. I used to gun hunt with a bunch of buddies of mine, sure miss that.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was the lone wolf for more years than I would rather say but now it is most diffently a team event. I don't hunt when I even think I have an chance of a biggin coming in without a camera man. And I must say I like it Steve and I are two peas in a pod!! Walt
Old 10-13-2008, 07:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

I almost always roll solo.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:18 PM

I hunt with other people but I dont film. We dont hunt in the same tree though, we are all hunting, just in different spots.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

ive never bowhunted with anyone else.

closest ive came was a buddy hunting a farm just down the hill from me...

another time, same buddy, same season, he killed his the morning we were a farm apart at home...we went to his camp and he took me out that saturday morning and took me to his stand and he went grouse hunting after he went back to camp and had breakfast....i killed my buck that morning...he climbed up in the tree with me(i couldnt carry my gear up a hemlock tree alone and no way to pull it up so he carried some up...when i killed my buck, i had him climb up and get me down lol...he carried ALL my gear down i think...i was in no shape to handle anything AND climb down lol...) it was an awesome expirience....but i was still alone...and knew i was in a good stand and wanted to goto that stand...i flintlock and grouse hunted there previous years and knew the area...just couldnt find the stand in the dark alone....

this year i got a buddy that is into the filming thing...he doesnt have hunting spots here at school and we have very similar schedules...i told him bring the bow and a stand and i can take him to the state game lands i hunt...i dont have another spot FOR him...but im on a giant oak ridge and can drop him off at any point and pick him up on my walk back through(i hunt the far end of it) he said he dont even have to take a bow...hed enjoy just filming and being in the woods...i said heck, if ones comin in close enough for your recurve, your welcome to it..just hand me the camera...that would be AWESOME...either way...

he got the bow and camera...just gotta get a stand this weekend and next week we will go...

never hunted with a buddy before...but he takes hunting seriously so i think we will get along fine....thats my big issue is im "too hard core" for most people i know...and wouldnt take any of them into MY spots...and wouldnt waste my time with them in their spots...

got another buddy with a hot doe spot...we both have a doe tag....i might head out with him and try to get 1 in the freezer...we'll see....told him i can bring the buddy and we can film it all...a double on film would be AWESOME.....and theres enough trees and space for us to pull it off....
Old 10-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

By myself. Once in a great while I'll have a buddy in one of my other stands, but I like to make spur of the moment decisions on what to do. Thats hard when there is another opinion out there. Gun hunting though 3 of us run together.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:28 PM
Dominant Buck

I love hunting with friends. I've found I have NO interest in being filmed, though, hunting. I'll film if the situation is right....but it's no biggie to me. E V E R Y B O D Y is filming hunts, these days. It's kinda "old school" to NOT be filming, today.

I'd rather read aWELL written harveststory than watch a filmed hunt.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Typical Buck

I would love to have someone to hunt with. I have people who i could hunt with but they just do more harm than good to my spots, whether it's not practicing any scent control or not being very ethical, they all seems to have there quirks. Wish there were more serious hunters from Cincinnati on here!
Old 10-13-2008, 08:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

By myself most of the time. Sometimes with my Dad, occasionally with a fellow HNI member or 2.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have a small circle of good friends who hunt together as much as possible.......to me the comraderie many times is just as much fun as the actual hunting and probably more imortant to the overall enjoyment of a season than any animal staken.

When I get to Illinois it really is a TEAM effort though with me and Greg. It's just the 2 of us for weeks hitting it hard from every angle trying to figure out a bruiser buck or 2.
We won't film each other though unless one gets a buck on the ground.

Quick Reply: IS yours a Team Effort?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.