Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Matt's X2's Recoveries. Video/Pics

Old 10-13-2008, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Matt's X2's Recoveries. Video/Pics

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Cool stuff there guys, tracking with a camcorder Is pretty damn cool!

Question RJ- Did you see your buck go down?
I saw him run off, stop, and then get wobbly and start side stepping around. I heard a loud crash and saw a flash of white........but wasn't able to really see him once he went down. You can't really tell from the pic, but that hole is the entrance and he was slightly quartering away at about 10 yards when I hit him. It exited through the front leg low on the far side just in front of his armpit, and took out both lungs and the heart. He didn't go far........maybe just under 50 yards. As a rule though, I always back out and head to camp, wait for everyone else to finish up their morning/evening hunt,change into recovery clothes so I don't sweat up my good camo.......and then head back with a helper (or 3 [8D])to recover. If they are dead......they aren't going anywhere.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like a great time was had once again guys. Nice deer with good clean kills. Can't ask for anything better than that. Nice footage Poorguy.[8D]
Old 10-13-2008, 09:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rick James

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Cool stuff there guys, tracking with a camcorder Is pretty damn cool!

Question RJ- Did you see your buck go down?
I saw him run off, stop, and then get wobbly and start side stepping around. I heard a loud crash and saw a flash of white........but wasn't able to really see him once he went down. You can't really tell from the pic, but that hole is the entrance and he was slightly quartering away at about 10 yards when I hit him. It exited through the front leg low on the far side just in front of his armpit, and took out both lungs and the heart. He didn't go far........maybe just under 50 yards. As a rule though, I always back out and head to camp, wait for everyone else to finish up their morning/evening hunt,change into recovery clothes so I don't sweat up my good camo.......and then head back with a helper (or 3 [8D])to recover. If they are dead......they aren't going anywhere.
I wasn't questioning nothing you guys did but was just curious why you didn't have your bow with you when tracking. That's the reason I asked If you seen him go down.

You put that arrow In there perfect, good shooting!!
Old 10-13-2008, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'll wait til I get home to watch the video, but man you guys take some nice pics, not only here but the other ones I saw scattered about. Kudos & congrats.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

I'll wait til I get home to watch the video, but man you guys take some nice pics, not only here but the other ones I saw scattered about. Kudos & congrats.
I guess I had BETTER take and/or compose good pictures huh? LOL

The one of my doe is a neat manipulation of the lighting by placing her and myself in a hard patch of warm early morning sun with a big section of dark pines behind me to really make everything in the foreground "Pop". The fill flash takes care of any foreground shadows.

RJ's buck is just taken where it fell and without the benefit of being able to really manipulate lighting you just count on a good pose and a quality expression combined with a little weighting of the background. (RJ vs the group of trees off his right shoulder)

.........Say "BUTT OUT!"

Old 10-13-2008, 11:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

The photos in the thread starter post were taken with my GL2 Video camera so there was no flash available but when taking pictures, always take some with flash to manipulate lighting and use in filling patches like under the hat brim.

For the group photo I put my digital on it's case and set the timer after I made sure it was all perfect. Matt (RJ) has a perfect spot as you can see to take them.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like excellent times guys!Great shooting Matt(to the second power)[&:]
Old 10-13-2008, 11:40 AM
Dominant Buck

Awesome photos guys. Thanks for sharing.

Congrats on your respective kills, also. Nothing like sharing a good time with good friends.....and the kills only add to that.

Nice looking "red" arrows in those quivers.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to all of you. Looks like a great time.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

nice shooting and great vids guys.

Quick Reply: Matt's X2's Recoveries. Video/Pics

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.