Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Primos Silver XP

Old 10-12-2008, 09:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Primos Silver XP

anyone using the Primos Silver XP field spray???

i am about out of DDW...been using DDW product for 2 season now and im satisfied...went to grab a bottle of DDW field spray and Dicks sporting goods and wally world were both out...it was either that or "white lightning" which i tried 2 years ago and i might as well just mixed baking soda in water...didnt use it long enough to see if it worked...everything i owned was WHITE after using it...so i bought the Silver XP stuff...

has a couple negative reviews on Cabelas....

anyone on here using it? good? bad? work? anyone use it that also has used DDW? hows it compare??

kinda worried...i bought the giant bottle so i didnt need spray the rest of the season...but gunna be jacked if it STINKS on its own or is highly inneffective like a couple guys said on cabelas....looking for real world reviews from guys on here.....

thanx alot...rather find out now before i spray down all my gear and camo with the stuff and make it smell horrible....
Old 10-12-2008, 09:57 PM

Default RE: Primos Silver XP

it claims to take the smell out of doe urine...havent tried it yet, but if it does that i am sold.

I use it, and from what I have seen...it works just as well if not better than the DDW. I picked up a big bottle of both last week to compare...im thinkin I like the primos better, but havent tried it extensively yet.

I like the thought process behind the silver technology of scent control....seems to make sense to me, just as the carbon type sprays do....I just hated the carbon sprays because it turned everything black(as your white lightining turned gear white).
Old 10-12-2008, 10:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

no foul smell from it alone???

one guy on cabelas made it sound like he stunk up the house by spraying his hand and the smell wouldnt come off...a few others said similar things about it having a smell to it...

DDW has a smell to it but i cant detect it on my clothes or gear....and last night i had 2 bucks LITTERALLY dead down wind at 10yds and beyond...5mph wind in my face and i wasnt very high above them...they crossed a trail i walked in on THREE times that day and neither flinched...1 was a 2.5yo PA buck that is smarter than most peoples honor child(joke going along with the honor child bumper stickers......) so i got confidence in DDW....

i will definently "test" the silver XP tomorrow after class and compare it to DDW...i got equally stinky soaks or something here...

****it DOES say do not spray on anything WHITE....it must have a slight color to it?? guess i wont use it on my Fall Gray.....no biggie there...i didnt even open it to see the color or sniff it yet...
Old 10-12-2008, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

i use the silver xp wipes. I love them. when i get to the stand i take 3 of them and wipe down my head, neck, face and hands. It definitely works and they wipes cool you down after working up a sweat.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:38 PM
Fork Horn

I have never used DDW, always been Scent Killer for me but just ran out and lookin to try something new. The bottle on the XP is what sold me,lol. I have nothing bad to say about it. I think it works just as good if not better than what i had been using. I get no foul smell from it, and this past weekend had four bucks come up my access trail. the 10pt which i shot was sniffing it and new something but never picked me so i would say that it works pretty good.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use it, I think it seems to have a yellowish tint to it? maybe? havent really inspected. It does have a funky smell to it. IMO But I havent been busted yet. And plan on contunuing to use it.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:39 PM
Super Moderator

Mauser, on our team thread I mentioned using it and so far I like it. I've only been out a few times but haven't been busted yet and this is with deer upwind AND downwind. The doe I shot was downwind but it was a morning hunt and the rising thermals probably contributed or took all of my scent far over her head. All I can say is good things about it so far.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:42 PM
Bartender

Check out bowhunting.com for DDW.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been using it. Had a spike cut my tracks at 10 yards after I sprayed my boots down with it...he knew I was there, but not where. I had a 5 point buck come directly downwind of me at 15-20 yards. He stopped and was frozen for 5 minutes, then began feeding quickly and left.

My release began to stink this past weekend because it was fairly hot in the afternoon and I was sweating heading in to set up. I sprayed some of the Primos stuff on it and it didn't even make a dent in the stink. Reason why I am saying this is if it can't take away the smell from a sweaty release (it shouldnt have to, I should have cleaned it), then no way it can take away the smell from doe urine.

Not really sure where I stand on this stuff.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

thanx guys...guess i will try it and see what i think....

i dont RELY on spray...its just PART of the routine...along with being clean and stored properly and all that...

coug, i knew i read a good review about it on here SOMEWHERE, but couldnt remember where and who..

peak, thanx i'll check the link out...not really looking to order it....unless im ordering other stuff. shipping is way to much now to order small items unless its absolutely needed...im sure i can find DDW somewhere else if i dont like the XP...

Quick Reply: Primos Silver XP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.