Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Matthews or Bowtech

Old 10-12-2008, 07:54 PM
Spike

Default Matthews or Bowtech

Im going to buy a new bow and i was wondering whats some of the likes and dislikes of the Matthews DXT and the Bowtech 82nd airborne. I like the Matthews but ive heard a lot of people like the bowtech. Which one would you guys recommend?
Old 10-12-2008, 07:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Matthews or Bowtech

The DXT or the Admiral .... but that's me ... the DXT and the 82nd are different animals IMO
Old 10-12-2008, 08:01 PM
Typical Buck

i can't say anything about the Bowtech because i've never shot one....never seen a reason to after getting my DXT. its the greatest bow i've ever shot by far, buts that just me. it depends on you, whichever fits better and feels right. for me, it was the DXT and i couldn't be happier. light, fast, quiet, and arrow splitting accuracy in a 29 1/2" ata package.what more could you ask for?
Old 10-12-2008, 08:02 PM
Spike

Why are you worried about what everyone else thinks? Why are you gonna let everyone else's brand loyalty affect your decision? Go shoot them both a few times and decide which one fits you best.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:02 PM

I bought a DXT this year and love it- no dislikes here!
Old 10-12-2008, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

I like my DXT but for your own sake go and shoot every other bow you can. Start with the ones you think you won't like and make your way to the better ones. Thats what I did and it confirmed the quality of the Bowtech and Mathews for me. Don't shop brands, shop the pros and cons of each bow from your personal perspective.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are both good bows.

Shoot both and take home the one that you like. For me I shoot a Mathews....the other guy may like a Bowtech though. Depends on what that shooter wants in his bow.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: nfleming399

Why are you worried about what everyone else thinks? Why are you gonna let everyone else's brand loyalty affect your decision? Go shoot them both a few times and decide which one fits you best.
Exactly!

And per the question, the 82nd will be much faster than the DXT with the same hand shock, same noise or lack there of. The draw cycle on the 82nd will be a little harsher than the single cam DXT, obviously the speed comes from somewhere. Shoot them both, decide for yourself.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: nfleming399

Exactly!

And per the question, the 82nd will be much faster than the DXT with the same hand shock, same noise or lack there of. The draw cycle on the 82nd will be a little harsher than the single cam DXT, obviously the speed comes from somewhere. Shoot them both, decide for yourself.
well said ..... I just want every bow out there!
Old 10-12-2008, 08:16 PM
Dominant Buck

I don't even know if Mathews still makes the Switchback XT or not.....but if they do....shoot it.

Then shoot the Bowtech Allegiance, as well.

I've owned both brands....and I have been satisfied (and would be) shooting either.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Matthews or Bowtech

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.