Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Matthews or Bowtech

Old 10-12-2008, 08:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Matthews or Bowtech

i wanna test shoot the high country archey speed pro 09 and see how it compares to those other bows...just looked it up from another thread...sounds sweet
Old 10-12-2008, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shoot both and decide for yourself.

I shoot an 82nd and I have owned an Allegiance and a Hoyt. I always shoot everything before buying but my last two bows have been Bowtech's because I love their accuracy, performance and customer service.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

As others have said shoot what feels best to you. On the 82nd issue, check out the Allegiance. Slightly slower than the 82nd, still much faster than the DXT, but it also has a bit smoother draw, it's lighter, it's quieter and it has an extra 1.25" of brace height so it's much more forgiving!
Old 10-12-2008, 09:40 PM
Fork Horn

I know this is a bit of a divergence but... I would suggest a Martin Cheetah. you can get out the door for about $350, its got a 320fps rating, compact axle length, pretty damn quiet and has a better rescale value for the money.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

in the age of bows today, there isnt a superior bow in the light of mathews,hoyt,bowtech,pse,etc.... any quality bow, is going to be good. find out what you want/need in a bow and then decide. we can tell you all about how the bows perform and what they are good at, but we cant decide which one will be best for you. that is impossible. use your resources here, decide what you want/need, and go out and shoot the ones that fall into that catagory.

i will say however, if you want a bow that is very well rounded as far as performance and specs, check oout the guardian by bowtech. it is an excellent bow, that is smooth, quick, and forgiving all in a package around 34"ata.
Derek
Old 10-14-2008, 06:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

shoot them both... you will feel more comfortable with one or the other...

Old 10-14-2008, 08:24 AM
Fork Horn

I don't own a DXT but I sure want one. The Bowtechs are also very nice bows. Top two manufacturers in my opinion. I'm waiting to see what Mathews unveils in November before I decide what to buy. If they can make something better than the DXT then I will certainly own it.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

DXT. I'd trust a Mathews any day over Bowtech in my opinion.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I don't even know if Mathews still makes the Switchback XT or not.....but if they do....shoot it.
They still do.The 2008 model is called the S2.I have one.It feltbetter to methan the DXT.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I thought the dxt felt awesome, the general fit me a little better. they are both fine bow companies.

Quick Reply: Matthews or Bowtech

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.