Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Big Minnesota Buck

Old 10-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Big Minnesota Buck

I know the shot is capable of killing the deer, just not a favorable one I would think. I know I would never take the shot with my bow.

Sorry for posting this buck again...I didnt know it was previously posted....sorry[&:]
Old 10-12-2008, 06:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have shot a doe there, she ran 3 yds and died
Old 10-12-2008, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: KYDeerHunter03

Sorry for posting this buck again...I didnt know it was previously posted....sorry[&:]
First time I've seen it, that is a HUGE MN buck.

Can't say much about the shot from a picture. I'd like to hear it from the hunter, though.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:54 PM
Spike

Great Buck!!! With a buck that big and if hes close I would take the shot, But would of worried about tracking him.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:08 PM
Typical Buck

I,F it was my only do or lose shot ,I,d take it .
Perfect by all means NO. .
I,d bet a good majority of bow hunters would at leat try especialy if he was less then 20 yards .
Good chance he may have had buck fever and aimed for a better shot and was shaking ??
I no I,d be nervous ... Very big buck to kill with a bow ...
Old 10-12-2008, 08:10 PM
Dominant Buck

I know I would never take the shot with my bow.
That's part of the point, KY. With YOUR setup....I (in making some assumptions on your setup)wouldn't take that shot, either.

Mine? Like I said.....every time (if the shot is a close one).
Old 10-12-2008, 08:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry for posting this buck again...I didnt know it was previously posted....sorry
It's not a big deal at all, don't be sorry. Big bucks like this will and do get allot of attention. This thread Is actually very Informative for people.

Good thread Jenna!!
Old 10-12-2008, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TRACKER

IF it was my only do or lose shot, I'd take it .
Perfect by all means NO. .
I'd bet a good majority of bow hunters would at leat try especialy if he was less then 20 yards .
Good chance he may have had buck fever and aimed for a better shot and was shaking ??
I no I'd be nervous ... Very big buck to kill with a bow ... editted a little
I agree here, I think it's a VERY lethal shot, and if it's all that's presented to me, within 25yds or so, I'm sticking it. Certainly some people may not be confident in this shot, but on a whitetail deer, EVEN THAT BIG BUCK, that shot placement is gonna be almost 100% of the time a quick kill. The only obstacle the arrow really has in on the exit!!! And that shot is going to DESTROY that deer's liver!!! Stick that arrow in there, and it doesn't pass through, as that animal moves and that broadhead bounces around inside the chest cavity, that animal will be DEAD in under 200yds.

Jenna,
I can see why you might not be fond of that shot placement in a way, but that shot is much more deadly than hitting a little high on what one may have "thought" was a perfect broadside shot, especially from that side, as the liver lays more to the right than the left. And "on the record," with whatever set-up you shoot, I'd be confident in that shot placement. Certainly it may be a difficult track job, but again, that's a DEAD DEER in under 200yds IMVHO.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Dominant Buck

I agree to a point, OH.....but the reason I cite the setup (and shot distance)is....if you WERE to be off a little "forward" (forward for THIS shot). That could be a glancing blow to the ribcage.

Where THAT arrow entered (and the one I showed).....there's nothing but skin to penetrate ("back" of the ribcage).....and soft tissue, inside. I said right away, like you, that this shot is 100% lethal. I stick by that.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

very nice buck congrats

Quick Reply: Big Minnesota Buck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.