Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Home again....

Old 10-12-2008, 04:26 PM

Default Home again....

Im back from my trip to the south west Va mts... Wed afternoon rain and I see a few small bucks at about 60 yds....Wed night, I draw my bow back when I get in just to check and my cord on my QAD rest snaps!!! Im sick...first night on a 4 day deal and Im out of luck....I did not go on Thurs and my buddy Team Va sat in my stand that morning and saw 20 deerplus a 10 pt that would go about 120-125 " but he was too far just about 40 yds, we don't shoot deer that far...but he made good footage...Thurs eveningTeam Vasits with me to filmon a different stand and we see 3 does too far away to shoot. Fri morning I film him back at the 10 pt spot and only see 2 small bucks at like 65 yds and that's it...Fri evening we split I go to a new place and see 2 small bucks and 2 does all in range at 6 yds !!! I pass on all of them b/c there was 45 fresh rubs and 6 fresh scrapes that these bucks did not do...but he never showed up....Sat morning I go back in there and see 5 small bucks about 70 yds off and 2 gobblers and.. That afternoon, I chose to sit in a ground blind on a cut corn filed where the deer have come every evening this week....except that one!!! Nothing!! I shot nothing in these 4 days, and i was disappointed for a few hrs until I looked back and thought about what I had seen and I can't complain....it was great!! sorry so long
Old 10-12-2008, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Home again....

Landon, you should feel good that you saw that many deer! In fact, you probably saw twice as many bucks in 4 days than I will see all year! Sounds like an awesome spot.

Old 10-13-2008, 06:14 AM

Default RE: Home again....

Va shadow, yes it is an awesome spot. However, the deer sightings were down for this area!! I kept telling myself that if i was at home seeing this it would be magical, but up there it was average to sub par!!!