Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

will all the work pay off

Old 10-12-2008, 02:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default will all the work pay off

When fishing a month or so ago i found a great spot to hunt the local dnr guy said he sees deer there everynight when he leaves.

Only propelm is it is either a boat trip or 1 mile walk.
I boated over there and set up my blind.
I saw tons of trails running over the grass and some kind of pine type grass about 9inchs high. There was what looked to be a cut trail about 5 foot wide through the woods. I walked it about 500 yard. When i hear deer run one a huge doe one of the largest i have ever seen runns right out infront of me and across the clearing into the woods. I almost got her on video but my camcorder turns itself off after like two minutes. So it happen to be off when she ran.
I was going to walk farther but it was hot 86 right now. And i did not want to push her any further.
TOmorrow i am going to boat over and hunt it.

With spooking the deer at say 2 this afternoon will they be back tomorrow morning
One thing i like is even though most of my areas are deep there are still signs of people say bottles clothes someone even took a dumb near one of my spots.

There are no signs of people here except the path i think the dnr use to get back there. I do not think people use it because it is not used that much and there is no trash

Will i be good to go tomorrow
Old 10-12-2008, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: will all the work pay off

Sounds good. I'll be over in the morning to hunt with you, oh I mean look at it for you. lol
Old 10-12-2008, 02:52 PM
Dominant Buck

If you were gonna go in there tomorrow to hunt it....WHY did you go there, today? Is your blind that tough to set up?

I'm just trying to decipher why people go into their hunting areas so often. Wouldn't a hunting/scouting trip (all in one) done the trick?

You spooked ONE deer....but left enough scent to do (____________) damage? No one knows. I've hunted the same spot several days in a row and seen deer each time. If I liked the looks of the place....I'd go hunt it. I'd have waited and done that tomorrow, though.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think its from his other post. He had someone come in on him while in his staand so he moved it.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

come on over i need a hunting buddy but not broke back deer blind crap.
ORIGINAL: jim1966

Sounds good. I'll be over in the morning to hunt with you, oh I mean look at it for you. lol
Old 10-12-2008, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well i went in scent free in fact i had to jump in the water to get over the shallow bank. i went there today to set the blind up no it is not real hard to set up but takes some time and i have only used it three times. i am leaving it over night.
i had intended to hunt it but it was 86 when i got there and i figured i would sweat my*** off
ORIGINAL: GMMAT

If you were gonna go in there tomorrow to hunt it....WHY did you go there, today? Is your blind that tough to set up?

I'm just trying to decipher why people go into their hunting areas so often. Wouldn't a hunting/scouting trip (all in one) done the trick?

You spooked ONE deer....but left enough scent to do (____________) damage? No one knows. I've hunted the same spot several days in a row and seen deer each time. If I liked the looks of the place....I'd go hunt it. I'd have waited and done that tomorrow, though.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

no i did not move the stand but am thinking of it if the area does good. I just worry that the need to use the boat might keep me from hunting it alot
ORIGINAL: jim1966

I think its from his other post. He had someone come in on him while in his staand so he moved it.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

You hunt around terre Haute?