Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Worst hunt EVER!!

Old 10-12-2008, 02:21 PM

Default Worst hunt EVER!!

So there I was, sitting in my treestand watching three trails come into one right below me. My buddy was 400 yards away watching three fields in the opposite direction, with the intent to text message me if he saw deer out there. We designated the fields "a", "b", and "c".
Nothing all day, and about two hours before dark the squirrels and birds went nuts. It was getting good, and everytime I've ever been at this spot I've seen deer right after the birds and squirrels quieted down. So, the woods gradually gets quiet again, and I get a text; "deer at B!". Now B was the only field I had somewhat of a view from from my stand. So I slowly turn and peek my head around my tree only to see no deer at all. Instead, I see my buddy standing 40 yards away from me with his pants around his ankles taking a dump for me to view.
Turned out he got bored at about 3:00, went to the truck, got some beer, and got TRASHED. When he was done dumping, he then started towards me, crashing and stumbling through the brush and hollering at me.
Well, I turned around disgusted, and dropped my bow off the stand!! As I looked up swearing and cursing the drunken bastard, I saw the biggest buck I have ever laid eyes on about 40 yards up one of the trails just looking at me, just laughing at me.[:@]
Now luckily, my bow landed on the tip of the nocked arrow, which cushioned its fall, and I've only got a broken arrow out of it.
But Ryan got several very HARD charlie horses out of it!!
Old 10-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Worst hunt EVER!!

These darn kids.

Whatta ya do?

All I know is........I'd have one less hunting partner
Old 10-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

X2 what GMMAT said....I would not hunt with that guy again.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

People like that guy are what give hunters a bad name IMO.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know most people are kinda critical about this and I'm sure I'd be ticked off also. But I can also say "Paybacks are Coming". I'd figure out something to do back to him. Hide a battery powered radio with a timer to turn it on 10 yards from his stand. Such as an alarm clock. So when it goes off he has to get down and find it and so forth. And when you hear it from where you're sitting you can just sit back and laugh. I'm sorry, but I can see the humor side of this.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mottz that is a good idea!!! i wouldnt take it as good as you did though, i'd probly get down and grab his head and put it in his own crap! no one plays jokes with me while im hunting...
Old 10-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did you have beer in the truck with you that day? The problem could have been avoided if that was the case. If he went out and bought some beer and then came back then you have every right to be pissed.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:29 PM
Typical Buck

yup,if that was my hunting buddy he no longer would be!
Old 10-12-2008, 03:58 PM
Spike

I cracked up when i read this post! Now that sounds like me and my buddy! We do crap like that all of the time and have the same type of humor. However, ruining your stand location like that was over the line. Most of our pranks etc., are not during the actual hunt but maybe afterwards like claiming to have killed a buck and going back into the woods at dark to look for nothing! Stuff like that. although we do push the envelope at times. but that's why we are best friends.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

It was funny clear up until the point of you saying he was drunk! Sorry, we save that for the camp fire. But texting you to look at field "B" and you turn around and he is taking a "heater" is freaking hilarious!

Quick Reply: Worst hunt EVER!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.