Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

IS there a hunting god to pray to (long)

Old 10-10-2008, 11:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default IS there a hunting god to pray to (long)

OK well i thought it could not get any worst. Well guest what.

I went hunting this morning I get to the stand about 6:30ish
About 1/2 hour till shooting light. When walking down the field i hunt by i hear some deer walking in the woods. It did not seem like a spooked them just the were walking not to far from me.

I get to my stand with no problems.

I get up sit there for ten or 20 minutes. The i noticed a water bottle sitting beside me. I left on to use for a pee bottle. Then i toke a rope i use to tie to my water bottle so i do not drop it. There is another water bottle tied to the rope. I thought odd because i only had one last time i was here. Then i though i must have already left one.

Day light comes and i go to tie of my fresh bottle of water. I noticed one was a auiafena bottle (check spelling). Funny thing is i have not once took a aquifena bottle with me. Because i have been buying my water at the gas station just down from the park office. They do not sell it just the coke brand crap starts with a D. So i have just figured out someone has been in my stand hunting [:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]
I was so pissed i got dizzy!!!!!!
Well i stayed till about 9. because i was going to go take a test so i could go to ivy tech. I have been thinking about jumping the creek by my stand and checking the other side out.
I jump it spot looks good it is a long open area between a thicket i think they bed in and some semi clear woods.
There were alot of trails running through the thicket to the clearing to the woods.

I end up walking around the thicket back to the road. I get back to my truck and since i left my pack with my 200.00 camcorder in it at my stand now i get to walk back to the stand.

When i come up on my truck i turn to go into the field. When the first deer i have seen all year when hunting is standing in the middle of the field. She sees me and runs off.

SO i head to my stand. i get there and get my pack when i head out just to the east of my stand in the clearing i use for a shooting lane. i see what is left of a blood trail not much just a couple pools half dried up.
SO now not only is someone hunting my stand but they have shot a deer from my stand when i have not even saw a deer from it. [:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

i head out get to my truck and pack up. I swear one more bad thing i would have had a stroke. When guest who pulls up. A local C.O. Who is known to be a a**hole.

I was legal so did not worry much. He asked for my license and asked for my park permit. which you get when checking in. Then he asked if i checked in i said yes, then he says did you sign the waiver. Which is how you sign in. Got to say a slick way to get me in a lie. He then told me to make sure i fill out my permit every time so they know i did not just grap a handful and not sign in.

HE even talked with me and gave me some hints for the park. HE said due to the hunting kicking up and the heat the deer will not move much during the day for another 2 weeks or so. He said come around the 3rd week of oct to the first week of nov. They will start moving alot.

He seemed like a nice guy real nice not sure why no one like him.

SO i did not think it could get any worst unless i fell from my stand.
I guest it must pick up sooner or later.
Ohh and get this when leaving i tripped and stabbed my self in the leg with my broad head. it did not bleed much just hurt. I WILL NEVER WALK IN WITH A ARROW NOCKED AGAIN.

Still i had alot of fun
I think i will hunt the field Monday with my pop up and see what happens

Good luck and sorry this was so long
Old 10-10-2008, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: IS there a hunting god to pray to (long)

Just thank the Lord that you got to hunt and made it there and back safely and hang in there the deer will come.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would be pretty upset too Tim. Hang in there, be smart, and hunt hard. Your time will come.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:58 PM

wow....that was one hell of a day. Maybe you should start hunting the guy who has been hunting your stand.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:06 PM

Leaving a stand up on public ground? Wow, I'm actually surprised you had a stand to come back to. Remember, no matter how bad it gets, it could have been worse. Glad it only took a scratch to teach you not to carry a nocked arrow while hiking, that definitely could have been worse!

(And actually, the hunting "god" to pray to is the goddess Diana aka Artemis, Artume; that oughta' ruffle some feathers![8D]).
Old 10-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Fork Horn

In answer to your question in the topic title, there is.:

Hubert, Patron Saint of Hunters

Jagermeister label showing stag with
cross suspended between antlers.

Bob

Old 10-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Fork Horn

I thought you were going to tell us you drank out of the wrong bottle..[:'(]
Old 10-10-2008, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now Bob, you're not calling St. Hubert a god are you?
Old 10-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

well i worry about that it only cost 100 bucks and i have it locked with a cable lock that would be near impossible to get to with bolt cutters or to drill the lock out.
I knew the nocked arrow was a bad idea. I guest i just figured it would be ok.
ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

Leaving a stand up on public ground? Wow, I'm actually surprised you had a stand to come back to. Remember, no matter how bad it gets, it could have been worse. Glad it only took a scratch to teach you not to carry a nocked arrow while hiking, that definitely could have been worse!

(And actually, the hunting "god" to pray to is the goddess Diana aka Artemis, Artume; that oughta' ruffle some feathers![8D]).
Old 10-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I didn't read the whole thing sorry. Let me make this clear, DON"T TELL PEOPLE WHERE YOUR SPOT IS! Your not only hunting deer your being better than the others who hunt the place. CRANK IT UP A NOTCH. If a deer steps foot on the place, it's yours! It can't be if you keep telling people where the deer are.

Quick Reply: IS there a hunting god to pray to (long)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.