Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is this poaching?

Old 10-10-2008, 11:17 AM
Banned

Default Is this poaching?

New Mexico hunting regulations state on page 6 and page 8 that to be considered a resident hunter one must domocile or reside in NM for 90 days prior to applying to hunt and must not claim residency in any other state for any reason. I know an individual that applied to hunt as a resident in NM on March 29, 2008 and on April 29, 2008 signed legal court papers she had drawn up in the State of IA court (document CDDM 5197 filed in Boone County IA May 8, 2008) where she states that she has resided and is a resident of IA for the last (12) months, clearly denouncing her NM residency and wanting to be considered a legal IA resident. This is perjury as she had not lived in IA for the last 8 months, but is a legal NM resident. Is she a poacher, since NM law states that she can't claim residency in any other state or for any reason, as she then took a resident NM elk tag and went hunting in NM and claims to have killed an elk? [/align]__________________[/align]
Old 10-10-2008, 11:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Is this poaching?

Maybe not a poacher but she sounds like a dumbass to me..
Old 10-10-2008, 11:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Don, seriously, let it go. It's only going to eat you up inside.

To answer you question, yes it is wrong what she is doing.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't call it poaching, not sure what I would call it tho
Old 10-10-2008, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wrong, and illegal. Sounds like this is a much deeper issue, though.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

If this has you tore up, drop a dime. Call IA and NM authorities and give them all the info. you have. Sounds like you have a lot. If you don't want to do that, then just let it go.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

New Mexico hunting regulations state on page 6 and page 8 that to be considered a resident hunter one must domocile or reside in NM for 90 days prior to applying to hunt and must not claim residency in any other state for any reason. I know an individual that applied to hunt as a resident in NM on March 29, 2008 and on April 29, 2008 signed legal court papers she had drawn up in the State of IA court (document CDDM 5197 filed in Boone County IA May 8, 2008) where she states that she has resided and is a resident of IA for the last (12) months, clearly denouncing her NM residency and wanting to be considered a legal IA resident. This is perjury as she had not lived in IA for the last 8 months, but is a legal NM resident. Is she a poacher, since NM law states that she can't claim residency in any other state or for any reason, as she then took a resident NM elk tag and went hunting in NM and claims to have killed an elk?
[/align]__________________
[/align]
Dude you need to call Dr. Phil, you have issues

Old 10-10-2008, 11:39 AM
Banned

Are we to pick and choose which game laws and regs we should follow? There are tons of individuals that didn't denounce their NM residency and weren't luck enough to get drawn. NM is all lottery, resident or non resident.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:49 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey Don. Seriously....and with NO malice.....the sooner you can remove ANY and ALL ties with "this individual".....the better off you're gonna be.

I told you that a little while back......and I mean it even more, today. YOU will be much better off.

If you need to get this off your chest.....and you can do it anonymously......then I guess just go for it. If I had to give my name.....I'd hang up.

I mean this nicely. As fast as you need to forget about this. You know WAY too much detail, already. I hope you trust my intentions are sincere.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Where's Fran?

Quick Reply: Is this poaching?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.