Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How long is pee good for?

Old 10-10-2008, 08:17 AM
Fork Horn

Default How long is pee good for?

Maybe I should have said scent but I thought pee would get more attention. Anywhoo, the same day I bought a 4 ounce bottle of Active Scrape for my dripper I tagged out on my first bow buck. So now I am done for the year and I have a full bottle of Active Scrape. I paid $10 for it on sale at Fleet Farm and asked several guys at work to give me $3 for it but no takers. I'm thinking of just giving it to my neighbor or someone else I know but not they guys who wouldn't pony up $3.

P.S. I opened the packaging but not the bottle so no taking it back
Old 10-10-2008, 08:27 AM

Default RE: How long is pee good for?

Not sure. I throw mine out after every season. That is one thing I try to keep FRESH. Just my opinion.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Only in a hunting forum could someone ask the question "how long is pee good for?" and not be ridiculed for asking.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:32 AM
Fork Horn

I've kept scent for years in the refridgerator without any problems. So, put it in the fridge til next year, or you can still party hunt in MN if you have hunting buddies.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:43 PM
Spike

Does it go bad if it isn't refrigerated? I have almost a half a bottle of tinks from last year that I kept in a closet with all of my hunting gear. JW.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, I can't pass this one up!!!

UNTIL MY BLADDER FEELS EMPTY!!!
Old 10-13-2008, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I keep the stuff I buy in the frigerator year round except when I am using it.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:53 PM
Fork Horn

i dont even put mine in the frig i mean its pee right how can it go bad??is waste
Old 10-13-2008, 06:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

it goes in the trash after season the chance of something not smelling right is not worth 10 or 15 bucks. A guy asked why i spend 20 bucks a month on scent killer stuff i said it ant worth the cash to have one deer bust me.
Heck it is either scent killer or poker. lol
Old 10-13-2008, 08:20 PM

It lastsone season. I used to be in thedeer lurebusiness. We would keep it refrigerated before selling it. In between your hunts (during one season) keep it refrigerated, (not frozen). Toss it out after the season. I know it seems like a waste, but, the chemical make up changes & it doesn't have the correct smell to the deer's sensitive nose after it changes. It gets ammonia smelling & they can tell it's not fresh.
Use it liberally during your hunts to use it all up in one season. That way it doesn't seem like such a waste. Also, you can make a scrape with your own urine to throw them off. They will think it's a new buck in the area & they're ready to fight. I've never done that, because I'm a female. But, I know a lot of guys that I have talked with that have tried it & it does work, if it is not over done.

Quick Reply: How long is pee good for?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.