Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I Hate

Old 10-07-2008, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I Hate

Chiggers. I have put more lotion on my body in the last hour than I have my whole life [:@]
Old 10-07-2008, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I Hate

where you have them take finger nail polish and paint it on over them, that cuts off their oxygen supply and kills em very quickly
Old 10-07-2008, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wahoohunter

where you have them take finger nail polish and paint it on over them, that cuts off their oxygen supply and kills em very quickly
hate to dissapoint ya, but that is a myth. Once you get the bite, they are already long gone [8D]
Old 10-07-2008, 07:21 PM

Dont you guys read, NO COMPLAINING because there is some people that still cant hunt yet...
Old 10-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't even know if I know what a chiggar would look like if it bit me in the nose..........

I hear people complain about chiggars but can't say I've ever run accross one. LOL
What do they look like for future reference? [:-]
Old 10-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Fork Horn

next time as soon as you get in take a bath in clorx water.... yea i know i didnt spell it right
Old 10-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

I don't even know if I know what a chiggar would look like if it bit me in the nose..........

I hear people complain about chiggars but can't say I've ever run accross one. LOL
Here is the catch......you cant see them 99% of the time [:@][&:]
Old 10-07-2008, 07:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

most of the time you dont see them....they are TINY. Heck I'm not 100% sure I have even seen one, but I sure get eat up by them.

They basically bite ya, and you start to itch and scratch em away or wash em off in a hot shower....they dont Embed in you to be suffocated by nail polish, like most think. The nail polish justs prevents itching.

The bumps are small single red dots....they sort of look like a poison ivy outbreak but not in streaks or patches, but rather individual bumps such as mosquito bites.

They SUCK. I had over 100 on me last week. They usually ooze out some liquid if you scratch em open, and bleed if you get waay to into your scratching. They can drive ya crazy.

animals.howstuffworks.com/arachnids/chigger3.htm
Old 10-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would not be surprised ifI do not have over 200 to 300 bits on me right now. THey ate up my waistline and parts I would rather not have bitten as well as legs, my back, and my arms. They spared my head and the parts of my legs that were covered by snake boot.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:40 PM

i use cabelas bug skins suit in early season havent been bite yet.

Quick Reply: I Hate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.