Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

any of you bowtech guys have a Zero Effect on your bow?

Old 10-07-2008, 09:32 AM
Fork Horn

Default any of you bowtech guys have a Zero Effect on your bow?

had a Black Ice last year and had the Zero Effect on it and could not get it to tune right at all....had the model that is supposed to be made for the Parallel limb and compact bows but still could not get it to work.....was wondering if any of you all had one on a bowtech and how it works for you.......was telling my bow shop guy(bowtech dealer) about the problem i had last year with my Black ice and he was wondering if the zero effect they make for the mathews bows where it attaches to the cable instead of the cable slide would work.....anyone know? sent Mark Land at Muzzy an email jsut a bit ago to see what he had thought but was wondering what your alls thought was?
i have had the Zero Effect on 3 other bows before the Black Ice i had last year and i love the rest but had to many problems with the tuneing part of it last year and dont want to waste my money on one if it wont work on the Guardian im getting.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: any of you bowtech guys have a Zero Effect on your bow?

I have one on my Allegiance and it works fine. It won't work on the Guardian. I'd looking into something like the LimbDriver, QAD Ultra Rest or Octane Hostage.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

PM Greg / MO on this subject. I am preyty sure he is using or has used this rest on alot of his Bowtechs.

Shane
Old 10-07-2008, 10:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not any more.
I used to be a big fan of the thing...actually still am but it's just not compatible with the limb angles and lack of slide travel these bows have. and now roller guards.
The Mathews roller guard model "Should" work on the new center pivot bows off the top of my head but even the parallel limb model doesn't work as designed on any of the conventional limbed/ slide models except the Constitution which has more slide travel than the others.

It ALMOST works on an Allegiance but the total amout of travel isn't what is designed for optimal performance.

I have talked extensively with Joe Angeloni (The inventor of the rest) and he was also lamenting over the fact that the technology on the new bows is moving faster than the rest can keep up. He agrees it doesn't work well or at all on most of the Bowtech models.

Old 10-07-2008, 10:33 AM
Fork Horn

got a reply from Mark Land at Muzzy and he said that they will not work on the bowtech bows...any of them since the lack of movement on the bowtechs.......but he did say that they are in the process of developing one that will work....it attaches to the cables like theMathews rest does but will be a universal type rest that will work on all bows......said they have tried it on 82nd,101st,guardian and they worked perfectly....but wont be out till next year some time.....so i guess ill have to get me a trophy taker and slap on it till then
Old 10-07-2008, 11:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Champ,

Just figured I'd answer your PM here, in case others have questions as well.

Matt's right... our newer bows just aren't as conducive to using the ZE. On the Black Ice, most people had to cross their cables above the guard to get them to work. I haven't had any troubles on my Ally; in fact, it's one of the reasons I love that rig because of the ability to use my ZE on it. I've got one on my Constitution as well.

For all the rest, I've gone to using Limbdrivers for now. After the ATA show, Mr. Angeloni and I spoke several times on the phone putting our heads together about the next logical step in the evolution of the rest. Mark at Muzzy is right; Joe is (or has) developed one very similar to the Mathews model (in fact, I saw the prototype) which looks like it would work. Until the time it's released, the Limbdriver is the one of the best options on the bow you asked about, the Guardian.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:31 AM

ORIGINAL: CHAMP198

got a reply from Mark Land at Muzzy and he said that they will not work on the bowtech bows...any of them since the lack of movement on the bowtechs.......but he did say that they are in the process of developing one that will work....it attaches to the cables like theMathews rest does but will be a universal type rest that will work on all bows......said they have tried it on 82nd,101st,guardian and they worked perfectly....but wont be out till next year some time.....so i guess ill have to get me a trophy taker and slap on it till then
Do you mean "new" bowtechs. I had the same rest on my 06 Tribute and it worked fine. It did take a few calls to Mark Land and also a few hours to tune but it was all good afterwards.

I'm a limbdriver fan now.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:40 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Finch

ORIGINAL: CHAMP198

Do you mean "new" bowtechs. I had the same rest on my 06 Tribute and it worked fine. It did take a few calls to Mark Land and also a few hours to tune but it was all good afterwards.

I'm a limbdriver fan now.
thanks for the Info Greg.......another question....whats the Limbdriver got that the Trophy Taker dont......not real farmiliar with either so id like to get some opinions