Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

i can not believe i am going to go back to school.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: i can not believe i am going to go back to school.

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

When i was in high school i did not do very good. For a few different reasons.
I intend (should be "intended" past tense) to get my GED and go to the marines i could not since i (Should be "I")had cancer and my doctor would not sign off that i was clean even though i had been since i was 4.

When i was in the 11th grade i got (was involved??)in a car wreck and missed 4 months of school. So i quit when the school recommend i go to a school to gad.(Graduate???) on time. It was full of trouble makers and criminals. And i was 18 and on probation I figured two weeks before i got into it with someone and got arrested.

Well i go Wednesday for a prep class to take a test to get into ivy tech.(Ivy Tech???)
If i do i can get paid (for) by the V.A since my dad is disabled from service.

I figure if i can focus have the energy on school i do on hunting. I will be getting all A. (You mean "A's" or just one "A???")

One thing that worries me, as most of you know, i am not good with English. Maybe some(of the)classes will help you guys read my posts.
Just a LITTLE help for you, Tim.....
Old 10-06-2008, 08:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

LOL Now you see why Iam worried.
ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

When i was in high school i did not do very good. For a few different reasons.
I intend (should be "intended" past tense) to get my GED and go to the marines i could not since i (Should be "I")had cancer and my doctor would not sign off that i was clean even though i had been since i was 4.

When i was in the 11th grade i got (was involved??)in a car wreck and missed 4 months of school. So i quit when the school recommend i go to a school to gad.(Graduate???) on time. It was full of trouble makers and criminals. And i was 18 and on probation I figured two weeks before i got into it with someone and got arrested.

Well i go Wednesday for a prep class to take a test to get into ivy tech.(Ivy Tech???)
If i do i can get paid (for) by the V.A since my dad is disabled from service.

I figure if i can focus have the energy on school i do on hunting. I will be getting all A. (You mean "A's" or just one "A???")

One thing that worries me, as most of you know, i am not good with English. Maybe some(of the)classes will help you guys read my posts.
Just a LITTLE help for you, Tim.....
Old 10-06-2008, 09:06 PM

Best of luck to you Tim. Going back to school will probably prove to be one of the best decisions you will have made in your life. I have a lot of friends that said they would take a year off between high school and college, so far only one of them has actually enrolled in college and he is now doing fine. But my other friends are not faring so well with just their diplomas. Go back to school, knock that out, then continue on to some college - any college, Tech schools are great - they're all over the place, affordable and they can set you off into a career very quickly.

The last thing I will say is this: Don't be afraid to ask for help. Being a Supplemental Instructor the last couple years (Teaching Assistant more or less) I see way too many people who will not ask for help when they need it, they are the ones who will benefit most from what others and myself have to offer, but those are also the ones that will fail in the long run.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Fork Horn

best of luck. I believe that you'll always achieve what you want to achieve. Work hard and you'll be just fine!! GL sir
Old 10-06-2008, 11:32 PM
Fork Horn

I returned to College to work on a degree a year or so ago, and I am about to earn my Associates Degree. Like most people, I was nervous about returniing to school after being away so long,but after you get started, it's like running down-hill, youjust can't stop.

Now I'm planning to transfer to the University, and in one year, I'll have a Bachelor degree.

JUST GO FOR IT - you will not regret it!!!
Old 10-07-2008, 05:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

The worst thing I did was drop out of Highschool. I got a job right away though, then went and got my HSED/GED, still worked full time for quite a few years took some college courses got a degree in written communicationsand then decided to go to the Police Accademy. I only completed 1 year do to family matters and money issues. I then started working immediately after the Police Acc. and have been here since, that was over 7 years ago. Good luck to you and keep it real. Life goes by too fast to throw it all away.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

The Life goes by too fast to throw it all away.
Words we should all live by. Good luck with everything, the first step to get back in is the hardest. Once your in Im sure you'll do fine.