Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Slick Trick Broadheads

Old 10-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Slick Trick Broadheads

Nothing flys any better with my field tips. I've been using the 100 gr. Mags for 6 yrs now and I just bought the GrizTricks to test out too. Both fly perfect with my field tips.

My first trip to IL this year will be in 3 weeks and 2 days. I can't wait. We had a group of 3 that went to our lease this past weekend and cam back with 4 does. They averaged seeing about 75 deer per day, but no shooter bucks. They are not roaming yet.

Hey GoHerd! Nice Nanny you got there! SLick Tricks and Bowtech's are a deadly combo!
Old 10-06-2008, 11:48 PM

Formula1
I'm just curious you wouldn't happen to be leasing off a guy named Fred from southern Illinois near by Tunnel Hill, Vienna, Gorevillearea would you?
Old 10-07-2008, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the mags and they fly perfect with my field points. lock in great ,coulndn't ask for better flight
Old 10-07-2008, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mine fly almost as good as field points, minor adjustments. I shoot the 125g and they seem to stabilize in flight quicker than a lighter head. Coincidentaly, my Rage 2-blade hit just an inch or so lower than the ST's and they're 100g. I haven't shot a deer with the ST's yet but it will happen!
Old 10-07-2008, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

What was it, a year or 2 years ago, that the slick tricks were the "rage" at the time, BUT now the "Rage" is the talk of this board.

It's funny to watch the "trends" as they come and go!
Old 10-07-2008, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

They are awesome! I shot a mule deer buck and a bull elk with the same broadhead! No sharpening!
Old 10-07-2008, 08:08 AM

Mulie....oh no you didn't!!!!!! watch out for the ethics police!!! here they come!!!!
Old 10-07-2008, 08:54 AM
Typical Buck

they are simply awesome! I shot a doe last year with them for the first time. It broke her offside shoulder and stuck in the ground. She made it 30 yds. Best blood trail I ever saw

rick

Old 10-07-2008, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love mine, fly awesome, and toughest head out there IMO. I am using them for the 3rd straight year.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

I don't know Andy, every pack I have purchased has at least one that does it....no matter what arrow I put it on, Axis or Carbon Express, they still rattle.... nerve racking, but I will shoot them either way, along with the 2 blade rage!!
I had this same problem with one of the heads that I just got. I changed the steel ring that goes on the base of the head and that fixed it. I think this problem is being caused by the ring being too big (in my case anyways).

Quick Reply: Slick Trick Broadheads

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.