Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Took a guy hunting, made a friend..

Old 10-05-2008, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Took a guy hunting, made a friend..

Well I have known this guy a while and his son and mine are friends. Of course when we get a chance to talk, it's always hunting. Had a chance to go yesterday and my son didn't want to go, so I called and asked him if he was interested. He had been hunting all week but hadn't seen anything. So we went to one of my better spots, told him where to go and the layout of the land.
45 min before dark, I here "quack, quack, quaaaaaack". I'm thinking what the heck is he duck calling about. I was about 200 - 300 yrds from him. So when dark arrives, I find him waiting on me, minus one arrow!!!! So he tells me that 4 bucks (including a nice 8ptr/ 16" spread)pass by him at a good clip and he couldn't get them to stop, he grunted 3 times. Had a good laugh over that. Then about 15 min later a small buck comes right in.
He drops the hammer and we have a trailing job ahead of us. Deer went maybe 50-60yrds, piled up. I was tickled for him, we drug the deer out, etc.
Today he calls and want to come over, he shows up with some backstraps and a bow hoist. First for me, the past 6 times I have taken someone not only have they not shown gratitude, most have tried to go behind my back and nudge their way onto it. He made my day being grateful and I thought I'd share.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:11 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Took a guy hunting, made a friend..

great story but need pics man you know that lol
Old 10-05-2008, 07:15 PM
Typical Buck

i myself made a friend yesterday im in my stand and about 80 yards from me is another stand i hunt a small wooded lot and i knew there was another guy hunting there we hunted there for 2 years now but never met each other well yesterday i hear him stick a doe so when i seen him walking the blood trail i got down and walked over to help him we found the deer gutted her and pulled her out to his truck he was upset that he ruined my hunt which he dident i was more then pleased to help him drag it out which is why i got out of my stand he has a 10 y.o son that hunts with him but did not wanna go out in the afternoon
Old 10-06-2008, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's amazing with all the crap that goes on, you can still make a new friend either in or out of the woods. Deer season may only be open a few months out of the year, but it's open season on friends year round! Last person I met in the woods tried to claim that he shot the deer I had dropped. But the guy before that was a heck of a guy who turned into a great friend (& coincidentally, he wasthe local conservation officer for the area).
Old 10-06-2008, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry but no pics at this time. He took the only pics with a 35 disposable.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's a great story Taxi!! There are some good folks around yet I guess who appreciate what others do for them.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:29 AM
Typical Buck

Thats a great story, far too many people dont realize what special thing we have and what kind of people they are fortunate to be around and take it for granted by not showing some appriciation for the opportunity. glad to hear he did that for you.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:25 PM

Cool
Old 10-10-2008, 03:32 AM
Fork Horn

Great story, andit was good of you to share your spot; many people are too selfish to do that. I'vealways been willing toshare my spots with friends. I've known thisguy for years who has ahot-spot - he kills big bucks every year - andeven though I've neverasked tohunt there with him, he's alwayssayingwe're gonna get together to hunt it, but he's nevergoing to share his spot.

Truth is, I would hunting public land with him, becauseI enjoythe camaraderieof hunting with people who are as serious aboutbowhunting as I am.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 10-10-2008, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Solid! Never enough friends to have and always great when folks are appreciative!

Quick Reply: Took a guy hunting, made a friend..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.