Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I ran my bow over with the truck last night pics added

Old 10-05-2008, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I ran my bow over with the truck last night pics added

Heres how not to start to the season off! I shot a spike buck last night just before dark ( no management on this lease) but didn't want to put him all the way in the back of the truck with the rest of my gear so I just laid the tailgate down and tied him to it. To get back to where I was hunting you need a 4wd ( no atv's allowed). I was almost dark and I guess I didn't pay attention and the truck slipped into HUGE rut! I don't know how I even got out but I did, rocking back and fourth in 4 low until she came out. Once out I look back and don't see my deer so I get out and look, it's in the rut along with my cooler, some clothes, boots, my bow ( new vectix I bought this year) and a few other things. Long story short I broke all my arrows, cable guard, string suppresser, string came off track, the sight and quiver are toast, not sure about the rest as it was dark and I was slightly upsetMy truck tail pipe was bent up into the rear tire and it took a chain and another truck to get to pull it back, what a night. The good news is no one is hurt. I am telling this story so I can bask in all of your sympothy and hopefully help some of you not make the same mistake, put the tail gate up or keep your gear in the cab. I figure that deer cost me a little over 1000 dollers in my bow and truck repair! http://www.broadheadtests.com/pictures.htmlhere is a link to the pics
Old 10-05-2008, 06:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I ran my bow over with the truck last night

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, but that wasn't very bright of you. What was the purpose of leaving the tail gate down?If ATV's aren'tallowed in there, how is a 4x4 truck?
Old 10-05-2008, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think the reason is to keep all ATV's out, it's in the lease contract, that and there are many old logging roads that are not driveable with a truck but a 4 wheeler could get on through. This keeps those roads open to better hunting and less to joy riders. I know I should have closed the tail gate but I had the deer strapped to it so I wouldn't get blood all over my gear that was in the back, I was trying to save some work today not having to clean up everything, not I have twice the work.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

You have my sympathy ole buddy, knowing you- you have a backup bow but if you need one, give me a shout. I have a few laying around. Get a BowTech.... when you run over them , they tear your tire off and chew on it. Tough bows.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:02 AM

Sorry for the bad luck, I guess lesson learned...too bad it was such a costly lesson
Old 10-05-2008, 07:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dang man that sucks i feel better about my crapy first week i have not seen anything but all my stuff in in one peice good luck hope you get it fixed. Will your auto insurance cover it.
ORIGINAL: 5 shot

Heres how not to start to the season off! I shot a spike buck last night just before dark ( no management on this lease) but didn't want to put him all the way in the back of the truck with the rest of my gear so I just laid the tailgate down and tied him to it. To get back to where I was hunting you need a 4wd ( no atv's allowed). I was almost dark and I guess I didn't pay attention and the truck slipped into HUGE rut! I don't know how I even got out but I did, rocking back and fourth in 4 low until she came out. Once out I look back and don't see my deer so I get out and look, it's in the rut along with my cooler, some clothes, boots, my bow ( new vectix I bought this year) and a few other things. Long story short I broke all my arrows, cable guard, string suppresser, string came off track, the sight and quiver are toast, not sure about the rest as it was dark and I was slightly upsetMy truck tail pipe was bent up into the rear tire and it took a chain and another truck to get to pull it back, what a night. The good news is no one is hurt. I am telling this story so I can bask in all of your sympothy and hopefully help some of you not make the same mistake, put the tail gate up or keep your gear in the cab. I figure that deer cost me a little over 1000 dollers in my bow and truck repair!
Old 10-05-2008, 07:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ouch!! Sorry for your luck 5 shot. That's a rough night!
Old 10-05-2008, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry bout your luck bro, that really sucks.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

WOW That is not how I would want to start off anything or ever have happen. That truely sucks.[&o]
Old 10-05-2008, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Now that REALLY sucks. Talk about bad luck! I hope you getback on track pretty quickly.

Quick Reply: I ran my bow over with the truck last night pics added

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.