Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A Favor To Ask...

Old 10-04-2008, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default A Favor To Ask...

About a month ago, my wife decided she wanted to start shooting a bow. She's a lil thing and I wasn't sure if she was serious or not. Well, it's been a month and she won't let it go, so I thought I'd start here. Everyone knows my financial situation right now and even though she knows it too, I still hear it everyday. Is there anyone out there that has a USED youth bow that you'd be willing to part with for next to nothing?

She's 5' tall and the best I can figure she has somewhere between 24 and 26' draw.

I hate to be on here asking, but I don't have a lot of choice right now.

Thanks.

Mark
Old 10-04-2008, 06:50 AM

Default RE: A Favor To Ask...

Ive got a martin x200 recurve at 45# @ 27",If you are interested. Its at my cabin in maine, and one of my buddies is up there right now, hes leaving on sunday to come back here. Just pay for the packaging and shipping and its yours.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh, I forgot to add, she's RH and I am not sure how measure draw length, but from the fork between her thumb and index finger to her cheek (I figured in quick release) it was 24".

Shrew, I have never shot a recurve. I don't know if she could pull back 45 lbs and hold it with no let off? Inform me please about recurves.
Thanks,

Mark
Old 10-04-2008, 07:22 AM

Trad shooting is a little harder, and yes, its much harder to hold back. Your tag says you are a retired old fart lol, so I'm guessing that your wife is over 50? Not sure if she could use it really, as I know nothing about her. If nobody offers a compound, take her to a bowshop to try a recurve. The poundage is opposite from a compound as the weight goes from nothing to full at full draw. She would also need to learn how to shoot without a sight. Recurve is probably not the best option for you/her, but its an option.

Edit; give her something that weighs 45lbs, put one hand on a stool, draw the weight up like a bow and see if she can comfortably hold it.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd be willing to take whoever can hook me up hunting in zone 5 of Iowa (but you have to get the tag).
Old 10-04-2008, 12:51 PM
Typical Buck

tell her to hold her arms out relaxed and measure middle finger to middle finger then devide by 2.5
Old 10-04-2008, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

That would be 23.6"
Old 10-04-2008, 01:01 PM

If you can wait till after this season then Ill be selling a micro adrenaline, New limbs and strings this year. 40-50#. 18-28 DL.
Old 10-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I may have a Parker Buckshot all set up. I will know next week.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

bump

Quick Reply: A Favor To Ask...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.