Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What grunt call

Old 10-02-2008, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What grunt call

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: Illinois Buck Hunter

True Talker...I have owned several calls from Primos, MAD, and Knight and Hale and the True Talker was hands down the best to me.
Good sound, have gone through 3 of them. They fell apart and it's easy to misalign holding it and make the wrong sound.
I am currently on my 4th one. They definantly are not durable, but it seems worth it to me to pay the money for a replacement when I haven't heard anything better.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rob

Is the Deer Flute pretty durable and how loud does it usually get?
Old 10-02-2008, 08:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

i got a buck grawl got to say for a grunt it sucks. unless i use it wrong i take the black baffel off because it is either to quite or makes the grawl call which is rut only
Old 10-02-2008, 08:55 PM

Got to go with the primos Buck Roar, but haven't used too manycalls before. Buck Roar just sounds the best to me.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:58 PM
Dominant Buck

As little as I call.....lol....the true talker fell apart on me, too.

I use the same call Rob does....when I use one. I'll say that herd dynamics play a big part in their effectiveness....and in PA the river valley flute worked like a charm on a good buck, there. Didn't kill him.....but the call brought him in. I just didn't have the shot I needed.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Illinois Buck Hunter

Rob

Is the Deer Flute pretty durable and how loud does it usually get?
As loud as you need it to be. I turned a good buck around that was 250 yards away. I don't know if you were here for that story back in 05.

I've used the same one for about 8 years. There is really nothing to go wrong with it.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1561541&mpage=
Old 10-02-2008, 09:28 PM

True Talker
Old 10-02-2008, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the true talker but like others it started pinning on me and went dead. Nothing happened it just died. I thought it was just mine but evidently I see a problem here and I played football so it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure it out. lol Great true sound to it. I have both the roars and they are okay. I am using the primos but I will seriously look into the flute Rob suggested. Looks like it does it all. I would like to hear the sound of it. I do not believe I have saw it around by me anywhere.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

primos buck roar.. Sounds great and is very versatile.. someone else said it would scare all the other bucks in the woods out of there.. well if thats the case then pull off the dome and move the rubber band on the reed.. you can do trophy buck, mature buck, and young buck.. So i dont see how a young bucks grunt would scare off a monster.... very versatile call and sounds very realistic.. i'd go with the buck roar hands down.. never heard a call sound as good as this one..

then if you need a snort wheeze it has that on it as well.. you can move the rubber band on the reed to make an estrous bleat, contact grunt, and doe bleet as well..
Old 10-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Typical Buck

I like the True Talker, I've had the same one for 4 years no problems. I also had the primos buck roar and liked it until it fell out of my back pack, plan on getting another one.

Quick Reply: What grunt call

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.