Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's your favorite light?

Old 10-01-2008, 09:38 PM

Default What's your favorite light?

......Bud light doesn't count.
What's your favorite light fro walking in and out? What's your favorite light for tracking?

I hot rodded a cheapo ray o vac headlamp with a 1 watt luxeon LED and a 9volt... works awesome!
Old 10-01-2008, 09:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What's your favorite light?

Walking to and from a stand.......Streamlight Stylus. stealthy little sucker.

For tracking I have a high power Xenon Cabela's 120 lumen lithium powered job. Doesn't run long on the batteries...an hr at most but it's bright enough to drop a low flying plane.

If I really need a light for extended tracks it's a lantern with a reflector.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:52 PM

The Streamlight Stylus is abright little sucker.

I also have a small 3 LED light clipped on to the shoulder strap on my pack. If I need it to see something on my way in, it's right there
Old 10-01-2008, 10:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Tiny little mag light (6" or so long) for going In and out when It's dark.

Coleman Lantern and a Big beamed Mag light for tracking.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:36 AM
Typical Buck

I just recently bought a Surefire Light, the P9 I believe, and it has to be the brightest light I have ever seen. Now that is a backup light I would use when walking in, but when I need to see, that is the one I would use. I have a Browning light with the red lens I use for walking in and setting up

Old 10-02-2008, 05:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like this one. http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/1LEE1
Old 10-02-2008, 05:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have this little G2 Nitrolon that was bought for me as a Christmas present a couple years back. I think it sells for right around $40. Bright as all get out...65 Lumens if I remember correctly but it uses those little Lithium batteries and only gives you about 60 minutes of continuous light. Still, unless you walk a pretty good distance to your stand it lasts a long time.

I also use a nice little headlamp I picked up down at the local outdoors shop. I couldn't tell you the brand or model but I am very happy with its performance.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:38 AM
Typical Buck

walkin in and out- rayovac head lamp....2LED soft white, 1 LED soft red.....light weight and the head swivels up and down

tracking.....craftsman 19.2V flourescent work light that runs for hours on end without dimming with a 19.2V power tool battery...shows blood a lot better than a normal flashlight

I have a couple of others I use occasionally. My name is Justin, and I have a flashlight addiction. I love flashlights of all shapes and sizes and have a tendency to buy them even when I do not need them
Old 10-02-2008, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a Smith & Wesson LED flashlight that is a little bigger than a mini Mag Light. It has 3settings on it, green LED's, red LED's, and then bright white LED's. I typically use the red when walking in, and the white makes blood really glisten in the light. Last year when tracking Rob's doe, he got to see how much better that little light was compared to a 6 cell Mag Light. It really seems to illuminate the blood and make it almost glisten.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Rick James

I use a Smith & Wesson LED flashlight that is a little bigger than a mini Mag Light. It has 3settings on it, green LED's, red LED's, and then bright white LED's. I typically use the red when walking in, and the white makes blood really glisten in the light. Last year when tracking Rob's doe, he got to see how much better that little light was compared to a 6 cell Mag Light. It really seems to illuminate the blood and make it almost glisten.
Yes, that was nice especially since I was gimped up.

In and out, I use a Streamlight Stylus as well. Fantastic in and out light.

For tracking, I've never really invested in any lights. I should because I am kinda into it. I have grabbed my work light from my utility van, it's the brightest I've ever seen but it's bulky. [&:]

Quick Reply: What's your favorite light?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.