Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

lost deer

Old 10-02-2008, 07:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: lost deer

Id keep looking man, and try asking around too. People find deer dead in the woods all the time, some other hunter might have walked up on him.

Another thing, i know we all get sick of these post on here but we should try to be positive for the new guys. I Know that this sight changed the way i look at alot of things, and some of the new members who havnt conversed on here don't know how most of us approach things, especially situations like this. Just my 2cents.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Look long and hard. Round up some pals and hope for no rain or wind.Just don't give up until you have flogged the dead horse!! If you got any real thick stuff YOU don't want to go in make sure you look there. Good Luck!

Old 10-02-2008, 07:40 AM

I can't really add anything more than what has already been said, these guys know their stuff. Just keep looking and then look some more. It'll suck but ya gotta do it.

Siman, tats some good advice, it's tough being new, and bad shots will happen. Not sure how old this kid is, but experience and learning from your ( and others) mistakes is what will solve this in the future. ya gotta be hard on yourself, but not too hard. Figure out what went wrong, fix it, and learn from it.

Good luck, hope ya find it.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:41 AM

by the way,did anyone mention the benefits of a Coleman lantern at night?? things are wicked good for spotting blood. a llittle late now but for future considerations.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

If it was not a pass through shot and you hit it high, you won't find a lot of blood because it will be bleeding internally (if it is a fatal shot). It's going to take a lot of searching in concentric circles moving out from where you last saw it. Don't give up, it is your duty to take responsibility for the shot and the deer. Good luck.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PatrickMc

I can't really add anything more than what has already been said, these guys know their stuff. Just keep looking and then look some more. It'll suck but ya gotta do it.

Siman, tats some good advice, it's tough being new, and bad shots will happen. Not sure how old this kid is, but experience and learning from your ( and others) mistakes is what will solve this in the future. ya gotta be hard on yourself, but not too hard. Figure out what went wrong, fix it, and learn from it.

X2 I know these posts get old year after year, but I will never understand guys that will click on these kinds of posts, knowing what the content of the post is going to be. And then find it nessisary SP? to belittle the guy that started the thread. If you dont have anything to say that might help him, why even bother posting. JUST MY .02

Now, back to the post, have you checked out any water that might be around your hunting spot? If you havnt, try looking there. Good luck on finding him, and keep at it.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:21 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BigDaddy12t

ORIGINAL: PatrickMc

X2 I know these posts get old year after year, but I will never understand guys that will click on these kinds of posts, knowing what the content of the post is going to be. And then find it nessisary SP? to belittle the guy that started the thread. If you dont have anything to say that might help him, why even bother posting. JUST MY .02

Now, back to the post, have you checked out any water that might be around your hunting spot? If you havnt, try looking there. Good luck on finding him, and keep at it.
X3
Like said before blood does not have to be on the ground, look up 2-3 feet on the trees/grass.