Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pass Threw

Old 10-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Spike

Default Pass Threw

Do you guys get pass threws with machanical broadheads? If you dous know whatyour setup is. I have trouble geting a clean pass threw. I shoot Rocket Sidewinders 100gr. My bow shoots 278 fps. And most the time the arrow will just punch threw the oposite side. This is with a shot behind the sholder takeing out a couple of ribs. Thanks
Old 10-01-2008, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Pass Threw

Yes, I have gotten pass throughs on all but one deer with mechanicals. The one that didn't pass through was a spine shot (string hit coat sleeve). You may want to try paper shooting to see if your arrow is flying true as you can lose alot of kinetic energy if your arrow hits a little crooked. BTW, welcome to the site!