Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So whatcha think? Game over?

Old 10-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Dominant Buck

Default So whatcha think? Game over?

ALL these deer down here.....and who do you think I bump going in, today? Yep....the only one I've got targeted.

Quite a dejected feeling.....walking to stand.....knowing you just blew out the one you were hunting for.

So here's the deal.......I've made a little map showing where I thought (OK....where Gri22 and I thought) he was bedding......and my sightings of him. We thought he was bedding in the green dot area.....and he still may be. The blue dot is where I bumped him up, today. The white lines are just points of reference from sightings of him (red dots) and a straight line back to the bedding area(s). What's for certain is.....he's using that little woodlot a LOT. Time to regroup.

So what's your gameplan.....if you're me? I probably won't get to hunt, tomorrow. We leave for Mexico Friday.....so he's gonna get a nice break, by default.

Let's hear it!

Old 10-01-2008, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: So whatcha think? Game over?

What is the date that you will be in the woods next?
Old 10-01-2008, 06:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Far from game over Jeff, the trip helps thing alot.

Not that its the same by any means, but i spooked a doe and fawns on Sunday night and then saw them again 1 hour later in a field not more then 200 yards away.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:49 PM

It is not over Jeff by any means... I have actually bumped deer while scouting with the bow and stand in hand, and threw the stand up where I bumped them and they came back within 11hr or so and I killed them... One thing I have learned from the WKP crew is the ol bump and dump method... I was doing it before , way before these guys told me about it, I just wasn't aware of what it was called, but they have had sucess doing it more than once...it's actually a strategy they use when they have a hard time getting that particular deer to walk under their stand...they slip into to his beding area or close to it and they actually bump him and they have had the buck come back after things settle in, accept this time they are waiting...
Old 10-01-2008, 06:49 PM
Dominant Buck

I'll be back in a week. The guy that's house sitting for us is gonna hunt a little.....but he will NOT be in that woodlot. Come to think of it.....he won't be on that side of the road.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

anyone wanna take a trip to NC with me for a week starting Friday??

Dude .... your gonna get him .....
Old 10-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Spike

wait till you get back from your tip, and hunt the woodlot
Old 10-01-2008, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I highly doubt the fight is over!! I'm sure you will be seeing him come the rut for sure???

My question is why no treestands around or in that woodlot??
Old 10-01-2008, 07:08 PM

I would have a stand in the tree line somewhere in the woodlot with the blue dot.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:12 PM

He'll be back, don't worry.

Quick Reply: So whatcha think? Game over?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.