Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ok Pa. guys it's almost time!

Old 10-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: ok Pa. guys it's almost time!

so pumped!
Old 10-01-2008, 07:31 PM
Fork Horn

Lets show this board how the PA boys get it done!

Looking forward to the stories and pics, and hopefully have some of my own to share.

Wayne
Old 10-01-2008, 07:36 PM

I'm ready..well kind of!! Been shooting the bow..everything is great. Go to grab the bow after work and there she was with a broken strin and a dinged cam!!! I got it back up and shooting now but here we are a few days away and I'm trying to get readjusted again!

Old 10-01-2008, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just got done wrapping my arrows. Gonna put a final tun on tomorrow night at Rob's. Other than that, woods cut at the cabin, it's clean, cloths are washed and bagged and the grocery list is made out. Just have to load up and go on Friday after work. Loving life right now.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

I just got done wrapping my arrows. Gonna put a final tun on tomorrow night at Rob's. Other than that, woods cut at the cabin, it's clean, cloths are washed and bagged and the grocery list is made out. Just have to load up and go on Friday after work. Loving life right now.
What wraps did you go with?

I'm pumped as well. I have my clothes washed, sprayed and hanging outside. Bow is ready, boots are ready, I need to gather some final small gear around, and then I'm ready. I'm heading right out the back door for opening morning. Passed two big doe last season on the opener in the same area, so I'm hoping it's a repeat (but maybe some antlers).
Old 10-01-2008, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MGH_PA

I'm pumped as well. I have my clothes washed, sprayed and hanging outside. Bow is ready, boots are ready, I need to gather some final small gear around, and then I'm ready. I'm heading right out the back door for opening morning. Passed two big doe last season on the opener in the same area, so I'm hoping it's a repeat (but maybe some antlers).
You got the bow back? Costa? I was forced to go with plain white dura type wraps that I stock in my man room. The ones that I wanted to use will prob show up tomorrow, but I needed to refletch and be ready to shoot final tune at Rob's tomorrow. Oh well. I will just have to get another doz to get ready. I am operating on 8 right now...thats getting too short for my liking. I am glad you are ready to rip Matt.....remember you have my cell number for updates and I urs.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MGH_PA

You got the bow back? Costa? I was forced to go with plain white dura type wraps that I stock in my man room. The ones that I wanted to use will prob show up tomorrow, but I needed to refletch and be ready to shoot final tune at Rob's tomorrow. Oh well. I will just have to get another doz to get ready. I am operating on 8 right now...thats getting too short for my liking. I am glad you are ready to rip Matt.....remember you have my cell number for updates and I urs.
Yep, Costa. I got it back Monday, and I BH tuned it yesterday. It didn't take much before it was driving them in out to 30yds. There's some minor tweaking I think I need to do as my BHs and FPs are about 1" off, but the BHs are hitting perfect, so until the season is over, it will stay as it is. I was seriously bummed that I may had to miss the opener. I wasn't posting much as I was moping[8D]
Old 10-01-2008, 08:28 PM

From Pa. Early doe season started on Sept. 20. Seen some nice bucks and filled my doe tag! Still can't wait to get to camp this weekend!

Good Luck everyone!
Old 10-01-2008, 10:22 PM
Fork Horn

i thought this would be the longest week of work for me, but luckily business has been pretty steady making the days go flyin by. gotta 1/2 day friday to tune broadheads. cant wait!!!
Old 10-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

im absolutely pumped!!!!

we went spotting tonight...went on a new route...all land we will never hunt....but it was awesome to see a good bit of deer...and some bucks finally! havent had any good luck spotting around school this year....4 years i been here now and this is our last year...finally decided to "get lost" spotting in a new area weve never been.....not as many posted farms....and lots more deer....figures we find these areas right before the season...our senior year...

but boy the deer were moving with the colder temps and light rain....almost ironed a couple out on the road..which is somewhat not too common up here on the back roads at night...

i cant wait!!! got the first 3 days to hunt!! with saturdays forecast, it wont be so hard to sit a little later in the morning than usual! usually its a killer to sit past 9 or 10 when its 80 degrees....

see if the PA boys cant lay em down even better than last years performance!!! good luck all!! be safe....take lots of pics!!

Quick Reply: ok Pa. guys it's almost time!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.