Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help clear Jim Shockeys name.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Help clear Jim Shockeys name.

ORIGINAL: moose1915

is this true? if so, how could he NOT be Anti-gun?

http://www.barackobama.com/factcheck/2007/12/11/fact_check_no_news_in_obamas_c.php

Obama Supported A Package Of Legislation That Would Limit Handgun Sales To One A Month. ''The package closes the Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) card loopholes which resulted in the shooting out in Melrose Park. We're eliminating 17 specific assault weapons. There is no reason why anybody should need an assault weapon to protect themselves or their family,' Obama said. 'We're limiting handgun sales to one a month. 'We're calling for handgun registration. It's very hard right now to track whether or not a felon has turned in his weapons or if he has a FOID card because we don't know how many weapons he has purchased.'" [Chicago Defender, 2/20/01]
Obama Voted To Prohibit Multiple Sales Of Handguns Within A 30-Day Period. In 2003, Obama voted to create the offense of unlawful acquisition of handguns, prohibiting the multiple sales of handguns within a 30-day period. In 2000, Obama was co-sponsor of bill prohibiting the transfer of more than one handgun within a 30-day period. The bill exempted federally licensed firearm dealers who purchase handguns in the regular course of business, military, law enforcement officials and certain hunters. [93rd GA, HB 2579, 5/16/03, 3R L; 23-36-0; 91st GA; SB 1614; 2000]
Obama Disagreed With The NRA That "People Should Be Unimpeded And Unregulated On Gun Ownership;" In Favor Of Handgun Registration And Licensing Requirements. Obama said, "I know that the NRA believes people should be unimpeded and unregulated on gun ownership. I disagree. I do not object to the lawful use and ownership of firearms, but I do think it is entirely it appropriate for the state to monitor it. Too many of these guns end up in the hands of criminals even though they were originally purchased by people who did not have a felony. I'll continue to be in favor of handgun law registration requirements and licensing requirements for training." [Chicago Defender, 7/5/01]
Nothing said there says he would take guns away.

ORIGINAL: Howler
Don't even bother trying to "reason" with wahoo, in his opinion nothing in the past that Obama has done or said has anything to do with what Obama will do in the future!
Quite the contrary.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

What part of this are you missing? Does he have a magic wand or is he banning them?

We're eliminating 17 specific assault weapons. There is no reason why anybody should need an assault weapon to protect themselves or their family,' Obama said.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:08 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Howler

Don't even bother trying to "reason" with wahoo, in his opinion nothing in the past that Obama has done or said has anything to do with what Obama will do in the future![:@]
X2.... Gun rights still matter, so if you want to keep your RIGHT to bear arms, don't vote for Barack Obama.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gun registration is a first step into total confiscation Wahoo, if you don't see that, ..........He wants to take away "assault weapons", WHY????? Tell me, just how many crimes involve an assault weapon? Handguns are used far more often, BUT THE libs. know that they gotta take away a few at a time, and since fewer people actually own an "assault weapon", that's the first chip off the block that they'll take. And as crime continues, they'll add to the list until they get'em all!!

By the way, I own two so called "assault weapons." You and Obama want everyone to beleive that I am already a criminal, since there's apparently no reason to own them, other than to kill someone!![:@]Bet you have no idea how many people use them to hunt, do you!!

Yeah, Jim Shockey is probably the most accomplished black powder hunter on the planet!!
Old 10-01-2008, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I havent heard the ad/
Old 10-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

What do they classify as an assault weapon?

I have heard before that most semi auto shotguns would be considered illegal. Just curious.