Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do we (bowhunters) gain a better understanding?

Old 10-01-2008, 08:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Do we (bowhunters) gain a better understanding?

For the guy that is waiting on nothing but a mature buck and will only kill a deer once every 2 or 3 years......he is much better than me if he can keep all these things intact by drawing on and shooting at a live animalso infrequent.
Jack...I agree. It's a process.....a process that begins when you reach for the bow. The more time you do this....the more "clarity" you must gain by being in that moment (IMO), more often.

I still get a little "shook". Sometimes a LOT. But....I used to get this way when I saw a deer around me. Now.....the adrenaline DOES flow when I sight a deer......and REALLY kicks in when I shoot. I noticed earlier this year.....that I got shook even when I didn't shoot (after I'd come to full draw). I'm wondering if that, too, will change....and I'll better contain myself until I actually DO shoot in the future.

Wondering how some of you others have noticed how you handle these situations as you are in them more often.

That moment....when youre at full draw.....used to be a mind blur. It's getting better and better. I can recall a LOT more than I used to.